When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist-Check (9-11 Nov 2007)

Victoria

Hear hear. I've always been fascinated by Thailand, and Thai culture. I'm very sorry they are known as the world's biggest whorehouse (pace Macao), because they have so much to offer, starting with a charming people...

Psst. Awesome watch! I want. ;)

Thanks ;-) I am glad you liked it, I made sure to post it here as soon as I got home from MBK. Here is a couple more from inside MBK and at the Royal Palace.

DSC03136.jpg

MOV03191.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I recently linked to that story when llsteve80 was searching for a Lange1.

That is, I just read your link, which jumped to page 5. If it's the story of the Denver, Colorado guy giving himself a 50th birthday present on a trip to NYC, staying at the Waldorf, then that's the one.

GREAT story! Everyone should read it. Thanks Freddy.

Yes, I recently linked to that story when llsteve80 was searching for a Lange1.

That is, I just read your link, which jumped to page 5. If it's the story of the Denver, Colorado guy giving himself a 50th birthday present on a trip to NYC, staying at the Waldorf, then that's the one.

GREAT story! Everyone should read it. Thanks Freddy.

I understand the publisher got a little something out of the deal too. :whistling:

The vacation shots are still being downloaded, so nothing fresh immediately. However, a little news: I spent the week wearing my PAM 111h, with the caseback from the 029a, and the SS bracelet. The watch stopped every 12 hours at precicely 08:04:24, but other than that, ran flawlessly. Even when splashing about in the Med :lol: That's right, I swam with this sickly and cobbled together watch against tides and it never even thought about leaking :lol:

When I got home, I found a rather nice PVD PAM waiting for me (my delayed birthday present exchange for the faulty 127)

Once the camera's sorted out, I'll post some shots of it :)

Hope folks had a good week :)

I understand the publisher got a little something out of the deal too. :whistling:

Good! I love payola. ;)

No, seriously though. This gentleman (a regular at TZ) "published" his Lange1 story in a standalone web version. Now he sold the rights to it to psst mag? He said he gave the rights only to TZ to reproduce the article. HMMM. He really should remove this link, if so.

http://www.htexplained.com/watches/Lange1/review.htm

Either way, cracking good story. I just thought it was a rather geeky WIS' thorough, but fascinating account of buying a Lange 1 at Cellini -- had no idea he was doing it for a published story! How do I get in on this racket?

@TEEJAY: WELCOME BACK!! I see you reading the thread. Answer: not yet. :( Got a cold! More later!

@TEEJAY: WELCOME BACK!! I see you reading the thread. Answer: not yet. :( Got a cold! More later!

Thanks, Vic :) I would say it's good to be back (and indeed, it is good to be able to read the forum), but truth be told, I didn't want to leave Spain at all. Never been before in my life, never knew more than a few words of Spanish, but, within two days, I'd picked up enough to order food without embarassing myself (I've always been a good mimic with linguistics) although my range is still somewhat rudimentary, totally loved the laid back way of life, and was overjoyed with the ludicrously cheap prices on goods :lol: It was possible there to buy a reasonable pair of shoes there for four Euros! Okay, so Spanish wages might not be much, but by comparison, an hour's work in the UK at minimum wage will not allow someone to buy a reasonable pair of shoes (unless they are the last ever pair in the bargain bin in a closing down sale :lol: ) so it goes without saying, that I'll be looking forward to moving to Spain in the hopefully not to distant future.

Not to worry about any delays, health must come first :)

A hint of things to come... Emily's stepdad used his camcorder to try and get a shot of my 111h underwater, but I've not yet seen the footage, so not too sure how the footage will look or if it will be suitable for a screen shot. Also, when I can get a camera and a free moment (might not be for a week as I've got a load of work to catch up on :lol: ) I'll be posting some pics of my PVD'd PAM :)

Hey Defacto I didn't know you had a gen 210? You been holding out on us! ;)

Vicki, my dear, you never asked! ;) I don't wear it terribly often since I don't keep it on the insurance policy; I decided to get it when they announced that the 210 would no longer be produced. I keep it in the safe more often than not, but I picked it up to wear around this weekend when I went on friday. I'll probably bring it back by this friday.

A hint of things to come... Emily's stepdad used his camcorder to try and get a shot of my 111h underwater, but I've not yet seen the footage, so not too sure how the footage will look or if it will be suitable for a screen shot. Also, when I can get a camera and a free moment (might not be for a week as I've got a load of work to catch up on :lol: ) I'll be posting some pics of my PVD'd PAM :)

Thanks for your (as ever) understanding, TeeJay! I read about the PVD PAM up top, wow! Not too sure brown straps would look best. I'll throw in a nice tan for it, unless you have one already. Would help enormously if you could take a shot of the straps you have now. :)

As for the underwater shot, I am in awe. Check out the History of Underwater watches (a thread I started after you left) for a personal reason why.

Either way, I can't wait! Be they underwater, or just regular. :tu:

P.S.: Hey, anyone have underwater shots of their watches? Maybe one of you can start a thread?? :D

The vacation shots are still being downloaded, so nothing fresh immediately. However, a little news: I spent the week wearing my PAM 111h, with the caseback from the 029a, and the SS bracelet. The watch stopped every 12 hours at precicely 08:04:24, but other than that, ran flawlessly. Even when splashing about in the Med :lol: That's right, I swam with this sickly and cobbled together watch against tides and it never even thought about leaking :lol:

When I got home, I found a rather nice PVD PAM waiting for me (my delayed birthday present exchange for the faulty 127)

Once the camera's sorted out, I'll post some shots of it :)

Hope folks had a good week :)

Hmm hour hand catching on the seconds hand then TJ??

Thanks for your (as ever) understanding, TeeJay! I read about the PVD PAM up top, wow! Not too sure brown straps would look best. I'll throw in a nice tan for it, unless you have one already. Would help enormously if you could take a shot of the straps you have now. :)

As for the underwater shot, I am in awe. Check out the History of Underwater watches (a thread I started after you left) for a personal reason why.

Either way, I can't wait! Be they underwater, or just regular. :tu:

P.S.: Hey, anyone have underwater shots of their watches? Maybe one of you can start a thread?? :D

No problem at all :)

I have to admit, from what I've seen of other's wrist checks, PVDs on browns do definitely seem to be a love it/hate it combination. It came on a rubber strap (with a leather strap keeper :rolleyes: ) but that soon came off in favor of a leather strap :D (The watch actually accepted the SS Bracelet without issue, but didn't look too good on the shiny bracelet :lol: ) At present, the only straps I can wear it on (as I need to order some 24mm buckles) are the factory strap you saw the 029 on, and it's black counterpart. My preference, is for the honey/tan factory strap over the black, although Emily said she prefered the black... I have a hunch that Me So Horny will be this watch's regular strap as it'll likely be a shade or two paler than the honey/tan without going into the washed out/bleached spectrum...

Once I get access to a camera, I'll try and get some decent pics, and I hope the underwater shot worked out, as I think it'll look quite good. I did consider taking a wrist-shot in the shower once, but decided against it :lol: I'll be sure to check out the thread, I'm sure I'll find it very interesting, as I do have an interest in the kinds of watches Naval divers use/d :)

Interesting side note, while away, I looked in a few expensive-looking jewellery boutiques, (in Puerto de Mazerron) and one watch which rather took my eye, was a PVD'd Nautica with a black dial with copper-accents, and a cream-colored version of the honey/tan factory strap :D I wasn't able to go into the boutique, but, I did get the feeling that if the strap had been the right width, I'd've bought the watch just to get the strap for the PVD PAM : :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hmm hour hand catching on the seconds hand then TJ??

Possibly, but there doesn't appear to be an issue of clearance, so I suspect that the jam is occuring internally in the movement itself rather than the hands clearing... However, now I'm back, I'll be taking the watch for inspection by the proprietor of the store where it was 'repaired', so hopefully either get it taken care of gratis, or the funds for the 'service' refunded, which will then be used to purchase a replacement (which my dealer offered to supply at half price :thumbsupsmileyanim: )