When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some good news about the new Seadweller

Star69

yes the stock insert is very good - if you can just get a nice pearl - go for it.

@rosnik will post pic later - im at work now ;) but the gen insert sits just like the rep insert.

Frank

Frank,

do you replaced only pearl or all the insert?

If only pearl , for sure the Glass hight it's the same . :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally i could care less if construction is 1:1, most important is, it accepts insert withouth modding the insert. the so called 1:1 construction from watchamster9 does not accept gen insert.

Oh yes it does!! I should know as I have one and done it! I too have a gen insert in my new SD and it did not go in without slight trimming of the edge. One in it was snug as a bug in a rug.

The crystal height is no different after the gen insert is fitted. Find my post and see the pics there.

@Kelster .....Is your gen insert an older one as it has different fonts to mine which is brand new supplied. The '4' is flat topped on mine. See pic.

sd2007001ka3.jpg

thanks watcher - my "4" looks really different :huh: Rolex mystery ?

i changed my insert the easy way : pop the pearl out - and get the old insert out via the hole ...

no need to remove the bezel , but will destroy the old insert ...

Frank

Oh yes it does!! I should know as I have one and done it! I too have a gen insert in my new SD and it did not go in without slight trimming of the edge. One in it was snug as a bug in a rug.

Could be it depends on the insert. Jake48 used glue for his TT WM9 sub.

Anyhow thanks for clarifying this Watcher.

The crystal height is no different after the gen insert is fitted. Find my post and see the pics there.

@Kelster .....Is your gen insert an older one as it has different fonts to mine which is brand new supplied. The '4' is flat topped on mine. See pic.

sd2007001ka3.jpg

Hello,

there are some small differnces about the Gen Inserts...

It's about the factory date...

Mine Look like this,It's manufactured Juni 06

imgp3962vd3.jpg

imgp3961fw7.jpg

imgp3960nv7.jpg

Kelster,

I received mine this morning.

First impression was good. :rolleyes:

I removed the rotating bezel to get GEN insrt. but I can not do it.

The Gen inset ( code 315-16800-181) diameter is 37,57mm ; the SD delivered insert is 36,42mm.

How do you replaced???

2006173787868909506_rs.jpg

2006105849203725060_rs.jpg

Thats the wrong Insert...

Yours is for a Submariner...

You need a 315-16660-181 for SD.

@rosnik : after watchers post i didt a little research - my insert is from ref. 16660 - maybe its slightly different

in diameter - see watchers post - he had to mile his insert slightly on the sides.

mine snapped - with a little pressure - right in.

@eddieplatt : try some gen Internet-forums

tsk tsk tsk... there are no secrets between traders on illegal goods, lol.. if either of you want to help a brother out, ive been looking for a gen insert for my sd since before I ordered it. ive spent enough time on the computer that the wife saked me if i was having an affair...

In all seriousness, any help would be appreciated. id rather have the wife hate me for buying a new watch than thinking im taking my skin boat to tuna town with another woman...

• 2 weeks later...