When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going to buy 1st PAM for my B-day....PAM177H

ssabripo

I'm an Omega guy, but I have the PAM bug really bad!!! :o I've spend hours and hours reading and researching the different PAMs, and was almost settled on the PAM111E ultimate, but I cannot stop looking at that brushed titanium look of the 177H.

Local friend member had the 177, and all I can say is "WOW"....exactly what I want, specially with a nice thick dark strap:

6662op6.jpg

I've seen the 177H from Angus, Josh, Andrew, and PT, and frankly, I don't know which one to get it from.....

Any help would be appreciated in the following:

1. is the 111 Ultimate that much better than the 177H, or are they comparable?

2. Where to get the 177H? is there an "ultimate" equivalent.

thanks in advance.

ps- My B-day is tomorrow, so I want to order it in the next few hours! :D

Edited by ssabripo

Any help would be appreciated in the following:

1. is the 111 Ultimate that much better than the 177H, or are they comparable?

2. Where to get the 177H? is there an "ultimate" equivalent.

thanks in advance.

Davidsen's Ultimate 177h. Ask German in Denmark, or Erwinner. No contest.

PM Davidsenjpn, and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Western Union only, but if you find one of those Check Cashing places, they'll do it for $30, instead of plus $40.

For straps, PM me, or hit Search for "Panerai straps" -- Timeconnection.biz and Bob are the way to go in the beginning; the former's Daily Specials especially. DSN has better-than-average rep straps, but still. You can't wear those puppies with such a nice watch.

ps- My B-day is tomorrow, so I want to order it in the next few hours! :D

Early Happy Birthday, Ssabripo!! A Scorpio, eh? Hooboy, you guys are murder. ;)

replied back VIc...thanks again.

to all, in all honesty, how does this compare to Josh, Andrew's, or Angus' versions? $360 is not bad, but there is a gap between the case and

crownguard, and it is a chinese movement.... hmmm.

again, all comments welcomed.

Wish there was a "Ultimate Planet Ocean 45mm" version of this watch.....maybe there is?!

The fonts on DSN's is wrong. Compare to gen and you'll see that they aren't long enough They should go further past the 11 and 2 markers. That setup is more correct for the pam LOGO and pam050and 036 etc.

Also DSN's saphire glass looks way to high on one side compared to the other... Also too thick.

DSN makes teh best out of the box reps.... but if you want accurate and 95% + close to gen or modify you should look elsewhere.

Sandwich isn't deep enough.

Andrew and Josh is more accurate in the way of fonts and cutouts. But, if you want the Ultimate/Perfect Pam you'll have to go and seek Vac or Flav.

Here's minevVac fully moded (not one detail left out)... It's for sale BTW =Op

pma177h.jpg

Edited by 911RS

Yeah I have to agree with some of the other comments if you want truly ultimate, steer away from Davidsen. Start with a nice 177 from Josh, Andrew or Angus, then send off to Vacuum for his custom lume, lever mod, cannon pin fix, and a thicker crown. It's too bad there really isn't a true perfect, out of the box solution for the 177. It really depends on how involved you want to get.

well, I really don't care too much about the complete exact accuracy of the rep, with the exception of a couple of important features:

* decent AR

* good Lume

* excellent crown

Having said that, I emailed DSN and unfortunately he is out of 177h's until next month <_<

Gosh, I really can't wait to get this on my hand:

PAM177H_FIERO_005.jpg

That's my concern with Ssabripo. If we're talking of a $250 or so watch, the mods to make it decent amount to another $400, right? And there's the wait, and chance of not being entirely satisfied either.

Well with what's been happening recently, you can't get more of a crapshoot than dealing with Davidsen's spotty QC. Actually I've dealt with several modders on the boards and each time I've recieved a watch back it has exceeded my expectations. You really can't beat the gen feeling a custom lume job and lever mod (in addition to the usual suspects like cannon pin and crown) give, not to mention buying from one of the other dealers get's you a dial with more accurate font, which is an ongoing problem with Davidsen's offerings. And the level of communication you get during the process (especially with Vacuum) is second to none. Yes you will pay more, but it's like comparing a steak from Perkin's to one from Ruth's Chris.

Well with what's been happening recently, you can't get more of a crapshoot than dealing with Davidsen's spotty QC. Actually I've dealt with several modders on the boards and each time I've recieved a watch back it has exceeded my expectations. You really can't beat the gen feeling a custom lume job and lever mod (in addition to the usual suspects like cannon pin and crown) give, not to mention buying from one of the other dealers get's you a dial with more accurate font, which is an ongoing problem with Davidsen's offerings. And the level of communication you get during the process (especially with Vacuum) is second to none. Yes you will pay more, but it's like comparing a steak from Perkin's to one from Ruth's Chris.

on that note, does Vac provide all the parts for the mods? does he service the movement timing and accuracy?

sorry for the newbie questions, but the PAM world is slightly different than what I'm used to on the Omega side :D

Angus seems to have them in stock.....I know his nicest one is the 111H ultimate, which is gorgeous, but dunno how his 177h compares. He says the AR is the same but the lume is weaker.

can any of you experts shed some light? here are some shots:

DSCN1425.jpg

DSCN1427.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

I can't even tell if it has the swan neck, or if the movement is Chinese or Swiss

There is a modded 177h for sale at repgeek. Give it a look - might be what you are looking for.

-B

thanks B....i pm'd him. Lets see what he says.

man, I'm still unsure on whether to go for a nice full modded one, or get just a base dealer rep and perhaps add just a better AR, lume, and movement service.

how about the 082? that blue dial is sooooooooooo mesmerizing!

Davidsen has them. Check you know where. I believe that's where Maxmilian got his.

BTW, it seems you want the three things I want too. AR, lume, crown (and I want a good CG too). I am getting pickier about the dial, and by common consensus, that is Davidsen's weakest suit.

But beefsteak allusions otherwise, it seems you're more the TWP/Angus/DSN type than the modding type, Sssabripo.

Since one literally cannot own one PAM, you'll be back for more, I say go with one of those three gentlemen, or get that 177h on sale elsewhere. Later, you can buy a watch and go the modding route.

First you have to fall in love with PAMs. :)

I'm waiting on DSN to get back with me on the 082. I've also pm'd a couple of 177's on sale by members, and hope to hear back.

as for falling in love with PAM's, I think I'm already there....:p

@ssbripo

That 177 for sale over at repgeek, is from another modder, Thumbmods. He does very good work, he built me a 177 a while back, if you end up with that one I'm sure you will be satisfied. The 082 is a great choice it's the only model I'd consider buying from Davidsen, whatever you end up getting post some wristshots!

What about TWP's modded selection. He is a US based dealer. I personally don't have any of his modded watches, but they sound nice: "Swiss Unitas 6497 Features: 18,600 VPH, Swan Neck Regulator Hack Mechanism: Yes Case: Titanium(one piece forged construction) Case Dimensions: 44 X 14 Caseback: Display Crystal: Sapphire Ar Coating: Yes single layer Dial: Black Sandwich with running seconds @9:00 Strap: Choice of leather or rubber Type: Choice of pre-v buckle or Deployant Additional Comments: Mods include cannon pin fix Superluminova relume to dial and hands Movement tested and calibrated"

http://watchgroup.net/index.php?main_page=...products_id=161

No I am not RBJ69

I have been a modder over at rep geeks and RWI for some time now.

The 177 i have is a fully modded model.

The one i built for MK08 was basically the same watch with a diferent base lume.

It has:

high canon pinion, dsn crown, ar sapphire,

Noctilumina Blue mixed with Tritec C1 for a aqua color lume,

Eta clone asian dagger swan neck 21,8 k beat rate.

Crown guard is modded, pin is flush to cg, flushed to the case, lever has been tightened ( no floppy lever syndrome )

I will not drag this post out, as i do not want to be mistaken for a schill just posting a response.

SS pointed me toward his post.

Thanks MK08 for the kind words.

Thumb