When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cars Santos which would be better replicated chrono?

lanikai

which would the members knowledgable in the Santos consider closer to the genuine..

thankyou .. lanikai

Well i went with the Chrono but the A7750 ... reason being that it would not get enough wrist time to warrant anymore.. but I am happy with the buy.. thanks all who gave me input.. much appreciated..

I did not expect it to be soo LARGE... looks like a home confinement bracelet, for Martha Stewart........ it kind of stands out in a crowd... YOU THINK??? :rolleyes:

post-2172-1195519054_thumb.jpg post-2172-1195519536_thumb.jpg

which would the members knowledgable in the Santos consider closer to the genuine..

thankyou .. lanikai

The chrono is more accurate. Except for the recessed DW on the asian version, its pretty much spot on. I own the TT ETA and I cannot be happier with it. Puts a dent in the wallet though.

The chrono is more accurate. Except for the recessed DW on the asian version, its pretty much spot on. I own the TT ETA and I cannot be happier with it. Puts a dent in the wallet though.

thanks jot... that was my belief but I like to verify with the members that are knowledgable .. thanks again

lani

the santos chrono is MUCH more accurate than the standard santos 100. i did a pretty comprehensive review of the santos chrono here

one other point -- in case you decide to go with the standard santos 100 for whatever reason, the dial shouldn't have waves on it. there are other inaccuracies w/ the dial that doesn't have waves (i believe the swiss made positioning was wrong), but much less noticeable than the one w/ the waves.

hope this helps...

deltatahoe

the santos chrono is MUCH more accurate than the standard santos 100. i did a pretty comprehensive review of the santos chrono here

one other point -- in case you decide to go with the standard santos 100 for whatever reason, the dial shouldn't have waves on it. there are other inaccuracies w/ the dial that doesn't have waves (i believe the swiss made positioning was wrong), but much less noticeable than the one w/ the waves.

hope this helps...

deltatahoe

thanks DT.. of course it helps.. the detailed flaws define the choice.. the details is what I neede to know..

thanks again,

Lani

I recently bought the ETA Santos 100 from Silix, which does have the wrong dial (only really visible on close inspection), but I was planning on changing that for Rocket's new dial. Unfortunately Rocket was let down, so that project has halted, but I'm still very pleased with the watch; in fact it's the first one that I've worn to work that's been noticed and received compliments. I usually wear a pumpkin UPO, and that gets zero comments, although I'm sure it gets noticed.

The Chrono was my first choice though, having seen both 'Deltahoe' and 'New and Improved Osteopath's' reviews, but my budget took a bit of a hit, so I decided to just go ahead and get the non-chrono...........but I've got a new job lined up for the New Year, so I may treat myself :D

Couldn't decide between the SS and TT versions - normally I would never wear a gold watch, but the TT just looks really good, especially with a brown gator strap (gen or from Aaron).

Anyway, best of luck with your decision.

prof

I've got a question for the chrono owners, how is the case size. I remember seeing the gen at a local watch shop when they first came out and it was a beast, huge. I think 47mm or something like that, how does the rep measure up? I know when the rep first came out, the case was the same size as the non chrono 100.

I love the Santos 100 Chrono as well...I actually have a HKTAN alligator strap coming for my regular Santos 100 but I may need to save that for the Santos 100 Chrono.

is the TwoTone or the Stainless Steel more accurate?

:victory: thinking about pulling the trigger, who do you recommend getting the 7753 from?

No difference in accuracy b/tw SS and TT. Just the problem with durability of gold plating as usual. The plating on the TT is reported to be thicker (18 mils) on the 7753 version, but I don't know how that relates to the length of time it will last (before making the watch unwearable). A better option may be getting a SS version and sourcing a solid gold bezel- $800 USD on E-bay. The 7753 is the same movement used in the gen. For me, the recessed DW and the potential problems with the Asian 7750 were deal breakers, so the 7753 was the better option.

Aw shucks!! Glad you agree...

The chrono 7753 is arguably the most accurate rep of any type. Thoroughly recommend the gen strap, and you are good to go.

Worth the extra $$$.

Enjoy!

-O

Hi new & improved osteopath!

You're talking about the Santo 100Chrono XL, right? I have the TT, where did you find the gen strap and how much? If you dont mind sharing the info~!

Thanks

I love the Santos 100 Chrono as well...I actually have a HKTAN alligator strap coming for my regular Santos 100 but I may need to save that for the Santos 100 Chrono.

is the TwoTone or the Stainless Steel more accurate?

:victory: thinking about pulling the trigger, who do you recommend getting the 7753 from?

HKTAN told me the Chrono and non-Chrono were not exactly the same size as far as strap width.