When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are you an innie or an outie?

anton

What is your watch wearing preference?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When wearing a shirt:

• Outside Cuff?
    • Inside Cuff?
    • Depends on size!
  2. 2. How about your coat?

• Inside your sleeve?
    • Outside your sleeve?
    • I don't wear winter/ski jackets so this question doesn't apply to me!

Well, let's take a tally here! I looked at alot of people's wrists and I see alot of preferences! How do you wear your watches?

Personally, I've found myself wearing my watches outside my jacket sleeves (I primarily wear ski jackets) because I find it a bit irritating to have to pull in my sleeve just to see what time it is. Since I am constantly "on the go", I feel the need to constantly check the time to ensure my punctuality.

How about you?

Innie so far, all the time. With women, it would look somewhat odd to have someone wearing a watch on the outside of her blouse -- that is to, Gianni Agnelli style. ;)

Hey, come on now, Agnelli is a suave debonair! :p

If I can, I try to keep a watch mostly beneath a sleeve, just enough so that half is visible when my arms are at my sides. I started having shirts tailored with larger left cuffs to accommodate some of the watches I wear. However, I like them tight enough so that I can totally hide the watch if need be. Also, since I am a stickler about having 1/8 of an inch of shirt cuff showing past my jacket sleeve when my arms are at my sides, my watch pokes out just a bit beyond that. Having a touch of cuff is a sign of distinction.

Hey, come on now, Agnelli is a suave debonair! :p

Was. Povero RIP. ;)

If I can, I try to keep a watch mostly beneath a sleeve, just enough so that half is visible when my arms are at my sides. I started having shirts tailored with larger left cuffs to accommodate some of the watches I wear. However, I like them tight enough so that I can totally hide the watch if need be. Also, since I am a stickler about having 1/8 of an inch of shirt cuff showing past my jacket sleeve when my arms are at my sides, my watch pokes out just a bit beyond that. Having a touch of cuff is a sign of distinction.

Oh hey, was that you Desuetude. I remember there was a chap here who posted once that he told his tailor (who knew of his watch hobby) to make his watch-cuff larger than the other. The tailor shook his head, and clucked about the strangeness of such a hobby.

I remember there was a chap here who posted once that he told his tailor (who knew of his watch hobby) to make his watch-cuff larger than the other. The tailor shook his head, and clucked about the strangeness of such a hobby.

i wonder how common this is here at RWG :g:

i have my tailor make my shirt cuffs a wee bit wider to accomodate my large watches as well -_-

deltatahoe

I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a "New Yorker-Nouveau Riche" thing just going on where hyopthetically, all the finance professionals had their wardrobes tailored specifically to have one wrist wider or thinner than the other.

I am constantly coming in for sales conf's and I see that plenty of them are wearing their watches OUTSIDE the cuff, button shirt cuffs buttoned to the 'inner' position (if you own a shift with the two cuff buttons, you know what I'm talking about). It looks rather silly considering there is a considerable portion of their shirts 'bunched' up at the wrist area.

Have you ever heard of this new shirt being tailored where it's an 'exposed' cuff specifically made to show your watch?

Pretty silly, if you ask me.

Have you ever heard of this new shirt being tailored where it's an 'exposed' cuff specifically made to show your watch?

Oh God. Interno 8 shirts...

(Pronounced in Italian, Interno Otto)

I confess I called up the London shop to inquire about getting one custom-made for my boyfriend at Christmas.

I had seen some examples at a party, hosted by a very Eurotrashy friend of mine, who surrounds herself with the Tara Parker-Tomkinsons of this world. And I'm suggestible, fashion-wise (I'm not proud to admit it).

The more I looked at the website, trying to decide which pattern, the more I realised -- wow, these shirts are gimmicky. The opposite of elegance.

cuffshorlogiods0.jpg

-_-

EDIT: But whatever. De gustibus etc. If you guys are interested, here's the info:

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1195/26991.php

Address

19 Conduit Street, Mayfair

London, W1S 2XN

Telephone

020 7529 2788

(Hmm, could've sworn it was on Jermyn St -- as if that venerable old street would tolerate such a thing...)

Sorry flame away if you want but I find this whole 'issue' ridiculous and the worst kind of affectation. Thank god I live in a society and and within a peer group that would just rip the [censored] out of anyone even attempting to show off in this way. If you're really thinking like this (i.e. the exact placement of your watch on your wrist, custom tailoring cuffs to highlight specific watches; etc.), then you really need to get out more.

Innie or outie? May as well be talking about your navels, you know, the same ones you're gazing away at down there...

:bangin:

Sorry flame away if you want but I find this whole 'issue' ridiculous and the worst kind of affectation. Thank god I live in a society and and within a peer group that would just rip the [censored] out of anyone even attempting to show off in this way. If you're really thinking like this (i.e. the exact placement of your watch on your wrist, custom tailoring cuffs to highlight specific watches; etc.), then you really need to get out more.

Innie or outie? May as well be talking about your navels, you know, the same ones you're gazing away at down there...

Well, I'm American. So an argument like this is almost "second nature" to me.

And I am a curious person. Maybe you need to see the TZ and PuristS forums as well. They ask the same questions there.

Sorry flame away if you want but I find this whole 'issue' ridiculous and the worst kind of affectation.

Yes, fair enough. I mean, it's directed at Anton, but I think his question is interesting, rather than something most people actually do or think about. But ultimately a little twee.

Still, it's all a bit of fun.

Let me just say though that those who do not move in what was called "New Yorker-Nouveau Riche" circles, or Mayfair circles, or Avenue Foch circles, etc. it does seem silly because it is.

But whether or not you care, others do, and others judge you by how you are dressed. There ARE some things beyond our power to control, DBR. I'm sure you realise that.

Just try going into White's or Boodle's with a tattoo on your wrist. You won't get far.

Well, a couple hours from now, this question will be on "page 2" of GD and long forgotten...

Hey now! Don't let one person's opinion do this to you, Anton. Your questions are great! You lubricate conversation with your questions. That's a good thing for a forum.

I don't mean to sound like, "Good boy, keep it up" condenscending, but hell yeah, keep it up!

You think I always bat 1000 with my posts? If so, then people would've replied to my Waxworks post. :p

I absolutely agree 100%.

If I couldn't get a particular watch to go under a shirt cuff, I'd wear a thinner watch. I hardly ever have to wear a shirt with a suit jacket, so most of the time, I'll either have cuffs rolled back (a style I picked up from Jean-Michel Jarre, 17 years ago) or wear a T-Shirt. I like to be able to read my watch easily, but I don't wear it to display it for other people. Those shirts shown above, while certainly going to make the creator a wealthy individual, are just ludicrous, and indeed, the worst kind of affectation.

Edited by TeeJay

Let me just say though that those who do not move in what was called "New Yorker-Nouveau Riche" circles, or Mayfair circles, or Avenue Foch circles, etc. it does seem silly because it is.

But whether or not you care, others do, and others judge you by how you are dressed. There ARE some things beyond our power to control, DBR. I'm sure you realise that.

Just try going into White's or Boodle's with a tattoo on your wrist. You won't get far.

Like those tossers who unbutton the cuffs on their suit jackets to tell everyone they're bespoke, it fails miserably when worn in company who see you for what you really are - a wannabe, a charlatan, a fake. And I'm not talking about class here - that word has much more relevant meaning than in mere terms of social status/income.

Mayfair circles? White's? Boodles? You're a little out of touch VB. By about 20 years!!! I'll say it once again, don't ever assume you know what 'circles' people here 'move in' (even the expression is an affectation) - you have NO idea you really don't.

A last word then before I disappear (for quite a while).....a famous quote in fact....it's better to say nothing and appear stupid, than the open your mouth and remove all doubt.

A last word then before I disappear (for quite a while).....a famous quote in fact....it's better to say nothing and appear stupid, than the open your mouth and remove all doubt.

It never fails, DBR. Never. You constantly go for the personal, for the jugular, instead of just engaging one in simple conversation. The kind two friends would have, from opposite sides perhaps, but still without judgement or animous.

You know, a good give-and-take?

I'm starting to put my foot down a little about this. I did so on another thread. If you can't keep it civil, then when you see a post of mine, just move on.

I say that with infinite respect and even, I confess, a little affection for you. But this chip on your shoulder is too much for me. I'm sorry.

It never fails, DBR. Never. You constantly go for the personal, for the jugular, instead of just engaging one in simple conversation. The kind two friends would have, from opposite sides perhaps, but still without judgement or animous.

You know, a good give-and-take?

I'm starting to put my foot down a little about this. I did so on another thread. If you can't keep it civil, then when you see a post of mine, just move on.

I say that with infinite respect and even, I confess, a little affection for you. But this chip on your shoulder is too much for me. I'm sorry.

Whoah there. The quote was not aimed at you per se, so no need to be so defensive. It's more about speaking by actions (custom cuffs, the Agnelli look etc.) and what those actions say to others.

I'm being perfectly civil, I just have an erstwhile inability to suffer foolish and condescending talk gladly - we all have our thresholds so you can put your foot down all you like :lol: Consider this, some things may come across as cultured and all-knowing with some your adopted countrymen who may not know any better, but you forget or neglect to realise that there are also those out there who, like the unbuttoned cuff, see right through the image projected.

I'll leave on a final agreement though - I'll gladly move on from this type of drivel and won't post any more responses.

So to get back on topic

Well to me when i lift my arm to look at my watch, i can see it, either my cuff has made way or it was allredy there, At times i have to cover up totaly and then i have to peek to see the time but that i s part of the job. Personaly i thing inny but just a bit, a totaly naked lady is just a totaly naked lady, a half dressed lady is an erotic tease at the worst of times.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm being perfectly civil, I just have an erstwhile inability to suffer foolish and condescending talk gladly - we all have our thresholds so you can put your foot down all you like :lol: Consider this, some things may come across as cultured and all-knowing with some your adopted countrymen who may not know any better, but you forget or neglect to realise that there are also those out there who, like the unbuttoned cuff, see right through the image projected.

With respect, I am very aware of the variety of people here. What happens is that there are ALL kinds of backgrounds in this world, some a little more unusual than others, but that doesn't mean they can't be spoken of or referred to, for fear of being mocked.

I'll leave on a final agreement though - I'll gladly move on from this type of drivel and won't post any more responses.

This second "I'll leave" worries me.

I know you had a day off the other day, and then you were swamped. I'm hoping your leaving is something along those lines. I'll be here, with open heart, and open mind, should you ever wish to exchange thoughts with me again.

Personaly i thing inny but just a bit, a totaly naked lady is just a totaly naked lady, a half dressed lady is an erotic tease at the worst of times.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taint nothing wrong with being a tease. It's an art-form. ;)

FxrAndy, I notice you pull up your cardy sleeve when you take a Wristcheck. This question is for all, are you a push-up type of person?

Because I do push up my sleeves, when it gets hot, e.g. :)

what are cuffs??? is that the shirts you wear to cover your tat's when yougo to places that think their better than? :bleh:

I like French cuffs. BIG French Cuffs.. because I have a thing for antique cuff links.... I like my cuffs heavily starched so you can cut paper with them... I like Lapis lazuli with 18K.. hand hammered gold....

so i wear my watch on the inside.. because i like the motion of pulling my arm up ;)

and my belly button used to be an inny.. until a heavy dead lift turned it into an outty ... nuff said on this... can we PLEASE decide the fate of the civilized world now and stop clowning around... ... the fate of millions are in the balance... GGEEZZZ :bounce:

Was. Povero RIP. ;)

Oh hey, was that you Desuetude. I remember there was a chap here who posted once that he told his tailor (who knew of his watch hobby) to make his watch-cuff larger than the other. The tailor shook his head, and clucked about the strangeness of such a hobby.

Negative, that wasn't me; My shirtmaker thought it was great. In his broken English, he said "better to have a bigger cuff that covers properly than look like a clown!"

I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a "New Yorker-Nouveau Riche" thing just going on where hyopthetically, all the finance professionals had their wardrobes tailored specifically to have one wrist wider or thinner than the other.

I am constantly coming in for sales conf's and I see that plenty of them are wearing their watches OUTSIDE the cuff, button shirt cuffs buttoned to the 'inner' position (if you own a shift with the two cuff buttons, you know what I'm talking about). It looks rather silly considering there is a considerable portion of their shirts 'bunched' up at the wrist area.

Whoa, whoa, am I being called nouveau riche for wanting to have a properly functioning shirt and not look like an idiot? Lookie here now, I'm not one of these guys:

Oh God. Interno 8 shirts...

ACK! My eyes!!! :(

Thank god I live in a society and and within a peer group that would just rip the [censored] out of anyone even attempting to show off in this way. If you're really thinking like this (i.e. the exact placement of your watch on your wrist, custom tailoring cuffs to highlight specific watches; etc.), then you really need to get out more.

A peer group that would rip the [censored] out of anyone attempting to show off...you do realize that you're on a replica watch site, right?

A peer group that would rip the [censored] out of anyone attempting to show off...you do realize that you're on a replica watch site, right?

This is something I've never gotten. I'm not talking specifically about anyone, but a lot of people here act as if they're unaware they have replica ROLEXES, AUDEMARS PIGUETS, and PATEK PHILIPPES on their wrists.

Hello? This is putting on airs, big time. Worse, they're replicas, which means we're cheap AND putting on airs, which equals to sleezy in many people's minds.

Down-to-earth people wear $50 Timexes, Casios, Swatches and God bless them. Nothing wrong with that. They have their tastes, and we have ours.

Negative, that wasn't me; My shirtmaker thought it was great. In his broken English, he said "better to have a bigger cuff that covers properly than look like a clown!"

YouTube clip reminds me of the "boys" I used to hang out with backin my college days...they're not "nouveau-riche"...they're "spoiled-rich"...

And fir a second there, Desuetude, I thought you were Defacto! (he has the same avatar)