When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I can not believe I just did this! (Help needed)

seadweller3

I can't f'ing believe I just did what I did. While adjusting the bracelet on my new Super Dweller, I snapped off a screw in the threaded bottom portion of the link connecting to the divers extension, thus making my watch instantly unwearable.

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Does anyone have a spare divers extension that would fit a Sub/ SD bracelet? I would obviously gladly pay for it.

I just got the watch so you can only imagine the disappointment/sheer rage. :lol:

I appreciate any help anyone can offer. You can either PM me or email me at: 34dean@gmail.com

Thanks

I can't f'ing believe I just did what I did. While adjusting the bracelet on my new Super Dweller, I snapped off a screw in the threaded bottom portion of the link connecting to the divers extension, thus making my watch instantly unwearable.

Does anyone have a spare divers extension that would fit a Sub/ SD bracelet? I would obviously gladly pay for it.

I just got the watch so you can only imagine the disappointment/sheer rage. :lol:

I appreciate any help anyone can offer. You can either PM me or email me at: 34dean@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi Eddie,

dont worry is the first thing.

Obtain a good quality steel bladed piece of silver steel ( drill steel , as it is called in th US) a smaller diameter than the threaded hole, put some kind of handle on the end of it (or bend it in a circular shape ) just something to get a grip on the other end.

Grind or file a wedge shape on the other end , like a screwdriver, then relax.

Put some what we call wd40 ( penetrating oil ) into the hole where the broken thread is.

Make a cup of coffee, tea or beer , whatever, and give it sometime to do its work.

Then firmly and carefully insert the wedge shape end into the hole and , pressing down turn slowly anti- clockwise.

It will take a bit of fiddling about, but I am sure the broken bit will come out.

Dont know where you are situated, but if you cant get it out, I am sure I can, I have removed many broken threads from clockparts in my time.

I am in Australia.

I dont have any spare parts.

cheers Rod.

Thanks

eddie, you can have my SSD bracelet if you like. It's brand new, I swapped it for a PU Diver as soon as the watch arrived. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post today.

Wow! This is very kind of you. I really appreciate your help.

PM sent.

eddie, you can have my SSD bracelet if you like. It's brand new, I swapped it for a PU Diver as soon as the watch arrived. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post today.
Edited by eddieplatt