When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

John Mayer ...has an Insane Collection!

malumouse

That should be "an INSANE" not "a INSANE"

Boo! I really hate spelling correction posts. Did you correct freind, thialand and exited too? ;)

Okay, first, who is John Mayer? The musician?

And just to say I had no idea there was a limited edition Rolex by Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany16550.jpg

Why am I always the last to know? ^_^

Id say the chances of this guy actually being John Mayer are slim...Might be a fan with a nice collection but you would think this famous musician has more important things to do...I seriously doubt John Mayer cares enough to post pics of his watches on the internet, just my thoughts but that would be really awesome If I was wrong and it was actually him

EDIT : OK I Take that back guys...Apparently on Howard Stern JM was talking about his extensive watch collection even mentioning his cartier rolex, and Artie poked fun at him..I stand corrected..He also apparently blogged about OJ's fake rolex

This is straight off his site:

When O.J. Simpson was featured on TMZ with a now-infamous Rolex watch, I identified it immediately as a Submariner, in 18kt gold with blue bezel and blue dial. This is a rare watch made in the mid to late '80s and it's face has turned from blue to a brilliant purple. I've been on the hunt for this piece ever since, and I'm happy to report that my search has ended.

oj.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the so-called "O.J." Dial Submariner. As somewhat of an astute collector, there is no doubt in my mind that this watch as it appeared on O.J.'s wrist is 100 percent authentic. He's still got it, and now I do too.

blog10.15.jpg

What he forgets to mention is that the so called "Rolex" on OJ's wrist was a fake!!! :D

If it was any other error, I would ignore it. Is it really so hard to switch an "a" to an "an"? Try saying "a insane" ten times fast. Worse than nails on a blackboard.

I have such pretty nails though. :D

Malumouse, thanks! That John Mayer. Cool. Recently, a friend of mine went to a concert here in Miami's Triple-A venue, and who was she standing directly behind? John Mayer. Too bad I had no idea he was a WIS, else I would've asked her about it. :p

Interesting that he is on the Rollie Vintage Forum. Given his nice PAM collection, I wonder if anyone has ever seen him post on Paneristi <_<

I guess that there's nothing wrong with a celebrity posting on a forum, like you or me. But, my God, if even my parents don't want me posting our gens here, for security and privacy issues, I think John Mayer doing so on that site is a little unwise.

Certainly for potential stalkers and/or burglars...

It's one thing to go blind into a home to ransack it for loot. It's quite another to possibly insinuate yourself as a servant, and see where he keeps these puppies hidden.

Hey, this isn't as far-fetched as it sounds. People kill others for a few thou.

So is that piece really a collectors item? I had that exact watch 6 years ago. With the small markers in full 18K and blue bezel and dial. I sold it on eBay for $5200. It took a couple of attempts, but someone finally bought it. Didn't really seem that hot of a watch back then as it really took a while to sell it. Mine was a more beat up, but I did not want to polish it, but rather keep it in it's state when I sold it. I'll try and find some pictures of it and post them, but that was about 3 computers ago and they may be long gone off the hard drive. Hopefully I still have them on a disc somewhere.

When O.J. Simpson was featured on TMZ with a now-infamous Rolex watch, I identified it immediately as a Submariner, in 18kt gold with blue bezel and blue dial. This is a rare watch made in the mid to late '80s and it's face has turned from blue to a brilliant purple. I've been on the hunt for this piece ever since, and I'm happy to report that my search has ended.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the so-called "O.J." Dial Submariner. As somewhat of an astute collector, there is no doubt in my mind that this watch as it appeared on O.J.'s wrist is 100 percent authentic. He's still got it, and now I do too.

blog10.15.jpg

Centurion, a friendly tip since the video isn't showing up.

You can't use the embed feature on Youtube here, but rather take the numbers/letters after the = sign, and then either write [ youtube ] and close it, or hit the handy button to the right which will do it for you. :)

I too would love to see this!

Wow! Look at john mayer's Cartier daytonas!! Holy [censored]!!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/mess...21/3-CROC+PROOF

His paul newman

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/mess...Watch!!!

Did you know I could sell this watch tomorrow for 140k if I wanted to? Maybe even more, who knows. Depends on who wants it the most. These watches truly are a solid investment. And a joy to wear. I love Rolex collecting!!!