When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Bentley 48mm under $150

RRFAN

Hi, Just started getting into reps but I like my watches as large as possible, so the 48mil bentleys are ideal for me. I don't want to go the whole way as its my first purchase so I'm looking for one of the cheaper models rather than the swiss eta reps. I know these are much more inaccurate than the more expensive versions but I'm keen to see which option other people would go for.

I'm looking for a white face but the watch has to have the "wheel" back on it.

Andrew does 2 models....

BB001F.JPG

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...;products_id=69

OR this one, which he says is a better rep.....

please note the different subdial setups.

B009B.jpg

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1706

Silix offers this version on watchsilix.com (the cheaper site) although this seems highly inaccurate as the face is from a GT although still 48 mils....

bre134-1.jpg

http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=1394

I know all of these watches have a non functional chrono and have some major inaccuracies (red subdial hand, no ar etc) but which one would you go for if you had to choose?

Thanks in advance!

throw in a 50$ more and get yourself a used one from the 2nd hand market...with the asian 7750 movement...it is a great rep...well built and pretty accurate...not this cheapo's...they wont do you any good...

post a request for a watch, somebody will contact you...

or if you don't want to get it from the 2nd hand market...save for a new one...contact River (by e-mail) and ask him if he is able to source one for you...a while ago he had brand new asian 7750 for 189$...or something like that...

you see....we help in here...and by helping I will advise you to use the search function...its your biggest frien on all the forums...because there is already plenty of info on the forum...

Agreed with the previous poster. The examples you posted are really junk, and pale in comparison to the higher priced 7750 based models available, both in function and craftsmanship. Be patient, and keep your eyes peeled in the member sales section. At some point you should be able to find a decent 7750 Bentley for under $200 shipped. Believe me, you'll be glad that you did.

Thanks guys. I've emailled river as suggested.

Even if I can get one for around the $200 mark, its still double the price of the ones I've listed. From conversations I've had with other people, the watch is the same watch apart from the movement.

Are the movements in the watches pictured that bad?? Surely with people like andrew they would repair any watches that broke in the first year. Is the 7750 worth an extra $100 if this is the case?

RRFAN, keep your eyes peeled for a Breitling for Bentley sale coming on RWG soon. I remember reading that a member had no wrist-time for his, and was about to sell it.

Oddly, because I have a good memory, I can't remember the member's ID so can't point you directly to him.

Also, and this may not be considered good form yet it's important to share information regardless, but RWI has a brisker sales section than we do. You may want to check them out.

post on the forum in the section watch requests...somebody will address you for sure...there are a lot of bentley owners on the forum, including me...pity it's a watch and not a car and plus it's a rep watch... :lol:

answer to your question...the two versions...cheapo and asian7750 cannot be compared...if you have asked whether is better to get the UPO lite or the UPO with the eta movement - the discussion could go on....in this case it's simple...get the B4B with asian 7750!

Even if I can get one for around the $200 mark, its still double the price of the ones I've listed. From conversations I've had with other people, the watch is the same watch apart from the movement.

Are the movements in the watches pictured that bad?? Surely with people like andrew they would repair any watches that broke in the first year. Is the 7750 worth an extra $100 if this is the case?

the watches are NOT the same. in fact, they are not even close. the build quality in the cheaper bentleys you listed are very bad compared to what you can get for just a little more. if it has to do with money....i would HIGHLY suggest you save a little more and buy something of good quality.

my friend, we are dealing with reps....there is not such thing as a 1-year warranty. not only is the mvmt worth $100 more, but like i said before....its the accuraccy and overall build quality.

Well... I might have a slightly different opinion.

The Asian 7750 is definently a much more appropriate movement for this watch, but at three times the price I would hesitate to recommend it for someone who might not be well aware of its idiosyncracies...

A quartz-chrono copy takes a beating much better, and requires no special attention. (and dont suffer from sunken datewheel). It might be a good starting point if you like the style and want to try it out.

I have seen several new cheapie-reps which appears to have the same case as the 7750-versions (Carrera, Aquatimer and Chronomat Evo). So, if you want the flash and not really care about a mechanical chrono-movement I would not hesitate to recommend the quartz-reps. A quartz which functions is way better than a 7750 which breaks down after two weeks when the owner tried to adjust the date... The cheap Asian automatic version with day-date subdials are just stupid, in my view.

It is a bit like in the photo-equipment forums... A newbie asks "Who has the best cheap 80-200mm zoom" and everybody points him in the direction of the latest 2000 USD offerings, anything less is just junk...

Do I have any quartz-chronos myself? No, but that is another story! :lol:

Thanks again guys.

As regards to the quartz theory, I'm already a step ahead of you. I'm definately ordering the $108 tag link chrono quartz watch from andrew and I was enquiring about the bentley as something to order with it.

Yes the tag isn't an auto and is in fact a fantasy watch since although tag do make quartz watches, not in the link chrono range - but, for all the reasons above it's much more appealling than anything else. Cheap, reliable, hard wearing chrono and people would be hard pushed to realise the discrepancies.

As for the bentley, I'm even more confused than ever! They only make it in asian auto and not quartz in the cheapos though. I spoke to river but he only does them for $370+. Really out of my range.

Andrew does them for $300 but I'm honestly still thinking of going for the cheap version and asking andrew to upgrade it if it sucks. I've also posted a few watch requests in the trade sections but no luck as of yet.

Bummer you didn't take the advice to check out the RWI sales forum. therebel sold a beautiful blue/white version yesterday. At $200 it may have been out of your range though.