When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch to wear on a Wedding?

stagfan

Uhm, what does an ETA movement has to do with what to wear on a wedding? :blink:

Owning an IWC 3717 myself, I would choose for this beauty to wear on a wedding. It's modest yet stylish enough to give a personal touch to your outfit. Since I mostly wear greys, browns and blacks the black gator strap it comes with would be a perfect match. For other suit colors you may consider a brown strap matching your belt and shoes.

Personaly I wouldn't wear a SS bracelet on an official event. There are even people who think one should not wear any watch on such an inportant event where time is considered to be of none importance.....

Anyway, have a nice ceremony and party :1a:

Thanks scoobs1971, I wanted to purchase the 3717 then swap it with the ETA movement so it will be reliable compared to the asian version.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

Regards.

Uhm, what does an ETA movement has to do with what to wear on a wedding? :blink:

Owning an IWC 3717 myself, I would choose for this beauty to wear on a wedding. It's modest yet stylish enough to give a personal touch to your outfit. Since I mostly wear greys, browns and blacks the black gator strap it comes with would be a perfect match. For other suit colors you may consider a brown strap matching your belt and shoes.

Personaly I wouldn't wear a SS bracelet on an official event. There are even people who think one should not wear any watch on such an inportant event where time is considered to be of none importance.....

Anyway, have a nice ceremony and party :1a:

Thanks scoobs1971, I wanted to purchase the 3717 then swap it with the ETA movement so it will be reliable compared to the asian version.

If you go for reliability I would advise you to service the movement the rep comes with and you'll be fine. All unserviced movements - either ETA or Asian - are a bit of a gamble in the long run. Besides that, if your watch doesn't have a slowbeat Asian 7750 (nearly all the new ones have the high beat) it is not a 1:1 swap. The hands won't fit and need to be glued someway. In the end it'll cost you extra money. Money that you also can use for servicing the original movement :)

However, if you do have an old version with slow beat 7750 I would strongly advise you to swap it for an ETA, since the old slow beat 7750 have design flaws which servicing won't fix.

Good luck!

@Corgi: A Cartier Santos is not my cup of tea, but would be an excellent choice if it fits your style. But weren't you the one with the nice dressy VC? ;)

On such a special occasion as your wedding, please, no sports watches. It ruins the elegance of a tuxedo.

It's time (no pun) to dress up, and your watch should be something sleek & elegant, and understatedly luxurious.

My suggestion - Cartier, Patek, some of the JLCs.

Congrats to you and your fiance.

Are the old asian version still available? Im looking for the ETA 7750 movt and it seems I cant find one. There is one on ofrei.com but it is expensive (400$)

I guess I will just have to settle for the asian version then if nothing comes up.

Thanks scoobs!

If you go for reliability I would advise you just to service the movement the rep comes with. All unserviced movements - either ETA or Asian - are a bit of a gamble. Besides that, if your watch doesn't have a slowbeat Asian 7750 (nearly all the new ones have the high beat) it is not a 1:1 swap. The hands won't fit and need to be glued someway. In the end it'll cost you extra money. Money that you also can use for servicing the original movement :)

However, if you do have an old version with slow beat 7750 I would strongly advise you to swap it for an ETA, since the old slow beat 7750 have design flaws which servicing won't fix.

Good luck!

@Corgi: A Cartier Santos is not my cup of tea, but would be an excellent choice if it fits your style. But weren't you the one with the nice dressy VC? ;)

Thank you very much rek001. I really appreciate it.

Regards.

On such a special occasion as your wedding, please, no sports watches. It ruins the elegance of a tuxedo.

It's time (no pun) to dress up, and your watch should be something sleek & elegant, and understatedly luxurious.

Agree. However, I wouldn't consider a 3717 on a leather strap a sports watch. As long as he stays away form the SS bracelet.... And even that is a matter of personal style & taste :)

If I can find the old asian, is it a straight swap to the ETA movement?

Which is the super rep, the old asian swapped with ETA or the new asian 7750?

Thanks again!

If I'm not mistaken the first batch was equiped with the old 7750. Perhaps some of the collectors will have some left.

I haven't seen one with my own eyes, but I haven't heard about another difference with the new version than the updated movement.

And I would only qualify the 3717 a super rep after it has been modded with double AR and ETA day/date wheels. Although out of the box it's still super to me...... :)

No one can improve on this suggestion. Its logic and examples are flawless.

In case you like bigger watches than usual as a Big Pilot would suggest (you just can't wear that to your wedding...), though, how about an Audemars Piguet RO Auto, ETA, e.g.:

AP0014D.JPG

Mazel tov!

AP0014D.JPG

I believe that is the watch Claire Danes wore in T3. General Brewster was also wearing an AP (Ro?)

On Topic:

My wedding suggestion would be the Vacheron Constantin Overseas white dial, or a PAM 113 with a strap to match your outfit. Congratulations on the wedding :)