When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of this strap?

V

I sold my semi-ready greek hide strap to a customer. and he had to decide on the thread colour.

He said to me he wanted GREY thread. When I first read it I thought that I should send him back an email with some other recommendations. I believed that grey thread on tan strap is a no-no.

But since the customer wanted something different I decided to do it the way he wanted.

The result? To me I think it looks GREAT... Nothing close than what I expected and of course nothing close to what is available on the market.

I believe that this is a combo that unless you see the final result you would bnever thought of doing it.

What do you think?

DSC08943.jpg

DSC08945.jpg

Great V, love your stitching (I can see you use an awl and two needles, that's the way to do it...) :)

Thanks.. this is one of the best stitchings I have done.

Of course awl and needles is the 'traditional' way I do it and call it Handmade and Handsewn.. Using and controling a sewing machine is not 100% handmade ;)

I likee. :) The thread seems almost blue to me (but not in an "in your face" kinda way) and IMHO would look quite good with jeans.

Khumz

Yes the colour depending on the angle changes shades. It is a pure medium grey but it can be mistaken with blue on the monitor.

I think this strap will be great with an anthracite dial PAM.

I would love to see this stiching on a really light tan strap I would look marvelous with my 082

Yes.. I thought of the 82 as well... I have a much lighter tan part of this hide.. I will use it with Dark BLUE thread for my Cali dial custom.

I think it will also be good with this grey one.

Thanks for your kind words guys.. I keep going forward and getting better and better by your comments.

Your straps are awesome and this is no exception, V!

But the color combo chosen by the buyer...

vomitingro3.jpg

Thanks a lot guys for the compliments.. I think it is a stange combo and you either love it or not :)

Raymond the details of this strap for sale are here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=58235

hey v, i'd be happy to test drive this on my gen 091. just say the word!

Hey Chris.. I wish I could send it to you but it is already on its way to the customer :)

I don't think I will make another one if not a custom order.