When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thanksgiving Resolution

Victoria

I realised, after posting in Stephane's Explorer II thread having said I was interested in purchasing that, and a Tag Heuer, that my watch passion is really too much.

So, I have decided to make a Thanksgiving resolution.

I'm stopping at 100 watches...

Let's see if I stick to that, or if I will break it faster than Michael Moore breaks his New Year's Resolution to cut down on the Twinkies. :p

P.S.: 77.

Well i for one would like to see a photo of the 77, do you have wide angle lens Vic??

:p

Remember I said no compilation shots anymore, after the dread Strapitis thread. Instead, I have gone on record saying that I'll always post a different watch in each Wristcheck. Hope you have been paying attention. :D

(Same goes for my straps. There's a new one in each Wristie)

With a "little" wiggle room that could last years...

Let's see...

100 watches... from each label... +1 of each in each available metal, variation combination and other material, with each available dial and available hand combination...

100 straps... from each favored brand, +1 of each in each available color, variation, combination and material...

100 bracelets... 1 for each watch, + 1 of each in each available metal, variation, combination and other material...

With a "little" wiggle room that could last years...

Let's see...

100 watches... from each label... +1 of each in each available metal, variation combination and other material, with each available dial and available hand combination...

100 straps... from each favored brand, +1 of each in each available color, variation, combination and material...

100 bracelets... 1 for each watch, + 1 of each in each available metal, variation, combination and other material...

The only problem with that otherwise good conjecture, POTR, is that these rep watches will probably die in the next year. :lol:

:black_eye:

100 WATCHES....That's really an amazing number........I can't imagine what will happen on me if I got my 10 watches.....Oh Vbarrett!

Including those of mine, both my parents, my boyfriend, and I even included two of my friends, since they haven't paid me yet.

Why I'm not met u before I got married..... :)

Because Fate was waiting to give you the best wife possible. And he did. :)

(Not that I didn't like what you said. :p)

At a 100 watches I officially am declaring you nuts. ;) I have been collecting reps for years and cannot have more than 40 watches and i have way over $xx,000 invested in them. On that basis you would have dropped well over $50,000 on reps in a relatively short time. Do yourself a favor and stay from this forum and, more importantly, the dealers for a month. Take all the money you saved and buy another gen. Better yet, save the dough and buy your significant other that well deserved 70' flat screen. He will never [censored] about reps again. :lol:

At a 100 watches I officially am declaring you nuts. ;) I have been collecting reps for years and cannot have more than 40 watches and i have way over $20,000 invested in them.

Ah, but you're not the Queen of the Cheapies like I am. I think I've mentioned, if a watch gets to $50, I'm in.

There are no $800 watches in my arsenal. Loads of $100 ones.

On that basis you would have dropped well over $50,000 on reps in a relatively short time.

Nah, not even remotely close to that.

Straps, OTOH...

Do yourself a favor and stay from this forum and, more importantly, the dealers for a month. Take all the money you saved and buy another gen.

Thanks, Kru. I know you speak from experience, but I think I like rep watch collecting a lot. I'll leave my resolution at 100. About 2 months, I'd say. :)

Better yet, save the dough and buy your significant other that well deserved 70' flat screen. He will never [censored] about reps again. :lol:

Heh. He's so sweet.

But believe me, I'll give him a lot more than just a flat screen. I'm thinking 3 beautiful blond, healthy children for starters.

Gee, if Vic is nuts... what is to be said of my collection?

I think Lady V and POTR should "put back" to the forum and threaten to stop buying watches any time the board wants something...that will get the Collector's moving:

- want a particular rep made? Lady V and POTR stop buying for 3 days...

- want a problem with a rep fixed? Lady V and POTR stop buying for 4 days...

- want prices to get lowered...they stop buying for 10 days...etc...

I have now stopped believing in the power of the masses... :p

:p

Remember I said no compilation shots anymore, after the dread Strapitis thread. Instead, I have gone on record saying that I'll always post a different watch in each Wristcheck. Hope you have been paying attention. :D

(Same goes for my straps. There's a new one in each Wristie)

post-106-1195910026_thumb.jpg

Try one of these :D