When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting for the sake of Posting

andreww

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@TTK.....whoa. That was a verbal backhand of Olympic porportions:o

Perhaps.....but every word is true...asyou may know....I'm an ex P.I. and well used to checking backgrounds.....!

TTK I hear you but you arent sitting next to her her listening to her banter you are merely reading it which online you AREN'T forced to do. You can simply skip what she is saying move on and read the other replies. It isnt YOU favorite pub that has been invaded by that annoying braggin person it is a forum online where you can ignore what she says.

What about your foolish post about the couch and making straps and what not? Wasn't that wasted spaces just posted to get a laugh?

All i know is I joined here and she has helped me more than most, PUG and Italiano as well.

Some of you need to ask yourself, how you know words have NOT been had in private, NOR hints dropped, etc? Well? You think we're doing this out of some perverse FUN?! :blink: Same as now though, she just hurls abuse and sticks her ostrich-like head in the sand. This is an intervention relating to one member's behaviour and the effects it had on others. Interventions by nature need to enforce the reality of the problem on the subject - something I'm sure someone of her experience knows all too well.

Her petulance and silence on this subject just further condemns her - god knows if some of the mods, admins and senior members here came to me and said they really didn't like what I was posting, if I didn't realise why I'd be shocked and would want to address any specifics and try to work out a solution. That's what a mature adult would do. A spoiled child, however, just crys foul, sticks their fingers in their ears and runs off to their bedroom to sulk.

If she cared about this place as much as she professes, she'd accept that is exactly what she's done. This forum is a community, one she claims to care about deeply, yet the question that's begged is that at what point are the opinions of many senior members here outweighed by the ego of one???

The Zigmeister I get it you guys hate that she comes heres brags about this and that and it may or may not e true and she doesnt give anything back to the forum but Im telling you as a noob she HAS helped me.

Also you are a very very influential member of this forum and I have learned that in themonthI have been around and to lose your services would be a shame to the forum.

TTK I hear you but you arent sitting next to her her listening to her banter you are merely reading it which online you AREN'T forced to do. You can simply skip what she is saying move on and read the other replies. It isnt YOU favorite pub that has been invaded by that annoying braggin person it is a forum online where you can ignore what she says.

What about your foolish post about the couch and making straps and what not? Wasn't that wasted spaces just posted to get a laugh?

All i know is I joined here and she has helped me more than most, PUG and Italiano as well.

I bet she has HELPED you.....I can just imagine....!

Now dya mind if I ignore YOU some other time...I'm kinda busy right now...DUH...!

but Im telling you as a noob she HAS helped me.

Scratch the surface a little, mate. All she did was find you before you found where she blagged the info from. The Zigmeister, Neil and all have individually forgotten more about watches in one day than Vicky knows in total.

Google, and the search facility, is indeed her friend, except when copying stuff verbatim and forgetting to edit out the mistakes (I never did find out from her if it was Tara Palmer-Tompkinson or Emma Parker-Bowles she was talking about.....)

I cannot really disagree, in principle, with the gist of Andrew's initial post. I have been thinking much along the same lines myself -- the fluff factor has been pegging the meters a bit & it is difficult to have to repeatedly scroll half way through so many threads just to get to the watch talk.

However, in VB's defense, I think most would agree that VB's watch-related input is insightful and useful. She is quick-witted, intelligent, gets the watch 'thing' & brings a much-needed female perspective to this hobby.

Where I do take exception with Andrew's post is the post itself. Were it me, I would have voiced my concerns privately & respectfully via PM. Or, at least, I would have made the attempt to work things out privately through a moderator before taking things public. My guess is that the problem would have been solved, invisibly & without any friction.

I think that is what most "silent members did".

Try to send signs saying "pls stop, this is RWG not your blog".

Wait and see, was what happened in the beginning.

Yup, in the beginning it was fresh air and everybody was having fun.

Now, few months later, it's scrolling, scrolling, scrolling,...and finaly not reading, not replying, not contributing anymore (See Ubi/Ziggy...)

Everybody is welcome to express them self of course.

But what if I told you I am famous in my little country...that I know all the celebrities and would post daily news about what I do, who I meet, how my Dad teached me this and that...how Mom is fantastic.

I think this all Internet thing became an addiction to Victoria. I feel sad for that.

I do not remember who posted in this thread that there is a life outside RWG and the Internet, but God, that is obvious, isn't it.

Some threads do not need "Oh Darling how sweet this is! It reminds me of my dinner in XXX with the delightful Mr XXX. He was wearing a Pam XXX on a Mario PXXX. Great looking person with great matching watch/strap".

When you have scrolled for 3 pages and see a valuable information burried at the bottom...don't you think "I wish we could stick to the point?"

When I see your Daytona on the Butcher Shot I'm thinking: "wow this place is worth a visit. I saw that Butcher shot again!".

Well Imagine all your threads were hijacked. "It reminds me of Linda McCartney. She was so right about being a vegie".

I would never have seen this great picture of the Butcher shot and your glorious Daytona because I would have read the eMail alert with that comment and press shift - delete.

Ain't no posturing from me ChiefDung.....my bacckground is very well known on these forums.....ask those members whose money and items I've recovered on their behalf...!

As many of you know....i DO actually have a connection to the US Dept of Homeland Security.

I can confirm that this person DOES have some connection the DHS......just not how she wants you to have it percieved.

be very careful who you talk to kids.....things are most definately not as they appear.

:::back into the shadows:::

Ain't no posturing from me ChiefDung.....my bacckground is very well known on these forums.....ask those members whose money and items I've recovered on their behalf...!

LOL - surely you realize I was *not* chiding.... ChiefDung does have a nice ring to it though. And at least we know we'll never lose the forum maestro. When the going gets tough, TTK gets rejuvenated.

I would reply to TTK's rambling but since he was man enough to tattle on me to the admin, I have been asked not to insult our precious little Neil in fear of hurting his feelings. I am a man (dog) of my word, and so, I will leave Neil alone with his compositions.

Victoria is a friend of mine, and I think her post count shows just how devoted she is to this forum. If I ran a message board and saw that someone was this actively involved, I would be happy indeed. Let's not forget she has made financial contributions here as well. It is her right to get her money's worth. The fact she is a woman means little to me, I have more respect for her because she has respect for me... the mutual understanding we have with each other is enough to let me refute the obscene insults being spewed at her in this thread, where it seems like everyone is joining the bandwagon. I for one am very disappointed with many members here.

Victoria is a friend of mine, and I think her post count shows just how devoted she is to this forum. If I ran a message board and saw that someone was this actively involved, I would be happy indeed. Let's not forget she has made financial contributions here as well. It is her right to get her money's worth.

Actually, it IS her post count that is partly the issue here, but I have hit my limit on this stuff. I trust the moderators will moderate the situation in an equitable manner so we can all get back to winding our mainsprings. Yes?

I am a middle aged fella that got hooked onto rep collecting about a year ago. I find this and the other forums that I belong to quite amusing and informative. I however, refuse to take this hobby of ours too seriously.

This whole thread clearly illustrates that there are people here that take the whole thing too seriously.

Lighten up, let whoever post here, whenever and whatever (within the bounds of decency).

Guess what? Some of these threads I ignore, it's not a difficult thing to do!

Google, and the search facility, is indeed her friend, except when copying stuff verbatim and forgetting to edit out the mistakes (I never did find out from her if it was Tara Palmer-Tompkinson or Emma Parker-Bowles she was talking about.....)

Whilst we're talking fraudster and braggart....

Let's not forget "Saville (sic) Row" that venerable and musty old tailors' street in good old London Town :rolleyes:

Or, despite having "doctors up the ying-yang at home" and herself being an ertswhile medical student, still believing it ok to take antibiotics for a Cape Cod-induced skin rash :blink:

Oh but of course, I forget it has an adjuvant effect....namely to "help her central nervous system fight off food poisoning" - what you mean the immune system right? No? Oh my god, get the Lancet on the phone!!!! :lol:

The Brazilian World Cup squad links, including private hospitality from a well-known but unnamed player who is a "disgusting person".

The Oxbridge education - I know which one she refers to even though she won't divulge for some mad reason (got her into trouble before apparently? :brow:) she gave it away with a faked slip of the tongue (plenty of us about ;)) - interesting given that she read Nazi-era film. Of course you did! Before or after you were sent down ;)

Then there's the fanatical Spurs fan who claims she hates the notorious Stan Collymore from his time playing for the club :g:

Oh no that's right isn't it I forgot her explanation..."That's because I always confused him and Chris Armstong! (Thank God depressed Stan the Man never graced our Lillywhite pitch...)".

An unfortunate comment comment coming from a Spurs fan about two black players you just can't confuse :brow:

Oh how I could go on , but I thin Neil has covered much of the the Walter Mitty stuff already.

Edited by docblackrock

Although I disagree with the way some are handling this, I am glad it was brought up.

I guess many of us knew it would come to this.. People aren't saying she is a person that wishes harm on anyone, but rather that the quality of the forum is greatly reduced (and this does not only pertain to just one person) for contributing members, and members seeking related information. I have found some of vbarrett's topics amusing and informative, but there are limits for everything.

I know I am not contributing much in the way of watches and technical input, but I do not take every single chance to start topics and hijack threads with 'lifestyle' posts and comments (much like risti is criticized for) and letting them get in the way of actual replica based content.

As far as the "Letting her know" some of of you are on about, you'd have to be pretty god damn blind not to see the signs. I have not sent a single PM about the matter, but I have seen people's growing disdain for it, and even direct polite remarks that have gone unheeded.

When it goes as far as highly respected members are tiring of the static, contemplating leaving or spending less time here it has got to stop. We can't afford losing many of them before this forum is in freefall.

-Ape-

As far as the "Letting her know" some of of you are on about, you'd have to be pretty god damn blind not to see the signs. I have not sent a single PM about the matter, but I have seen people's growing disdain for it, and even direct polite remarks that have gone unheeded.

-Ape-

@Ape: that is well said and summarise it all.