When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting for the sake of Posting

andreww

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ona a larger level the solution in this situation seems fairly obvious. If there is a general consensus (and there appears to be) that there is too much spamming whatever you want to call it taking place from any one member than the member should be asked to slow down their posting. If the person complies life is good. Those who are friendly with the member can continue their forum relationship with the member and it makes the member think twice before posting. And that way the forum member has the choice to comply and remain on the forum or to leave. Ultimately, if the forum member cannot comply for whatever reason be it political, psychological or whatever than they are banned.

@W

The voice of wisdom...

Indeed a [daily] limit would seem to be a good option...

Say...

Oh, I don't know...

Maybe...

Around...

10-15...

Problem solved...

VB, I know you've been reading all day, though not replying [some things you cannot hide]...

Consider this a pleasant request [at this point]...

TT

EDIT TO ADD: The above post has been PM'd to VB

I would consider myself the last person to throw in .. just to "jump on the band wagon"

but as a relatively new member and a member that is trying to stay coachable and "learn" about watches and movements not Reps per say.. I agree since I have come on board, the RWG has taken a wide 180 degree turn and as I have told "1" member IMHO the forum is turning into a tabloid form of the National Enquirer.. with watches just as a side line for other topics.. mostly to garner attention and recognition, rather than to supply information.

I was thinking of letting things take their course with this but thought that would be riding the "coat tail " of other members who are trying to do the right thing as far as telling it like it is...

a couple of day's ago I was chastised for disagreeing with a "History" thread about the History of a watch not being about celebrities or the word I used was Movie stars.. but rather about the founders and history of the timepiece itself.. well that really upset you Vic and in part yes I did speak my mind .. trying to do it in a tactful way .. well members can read it for themselves.. my message and intent was the "do unto others" and clearly you cannot take what you dish out... whether male or female ... if your going to "draw your sword" then .. live by the sword .. die by the sword. you were very polite when first posting, then as you have gained "fans" or as we say in Hawaii "backers"... your true colours have shown that you like to "control" the board and if challenged,.. insult.... then run to your "friends".. for backing.. and please don't say you don"t need them to back you otherwise I doubt you would be so arrogant. It seems like classic childlike behavior.... only, the verteran members on this forum CANNOT be bought.

Obviously you ignore all the subtle and not so subtle signs because of narcissism.... respect begets respect... I was hounded about my spelling...are you serious?.. ok I never won a spelling bee.. I'm usually watching sports .. when i visit this Forum..I am not overly concerned on being graded with stars

anyway, my point is not to bring these things up as endless diatribes but .. to point out that if all members are here for the same reason why are you any better than me or the next person?

when you are on the shout board after that episode. i am igonred by your minions ... who before I had no problem with.. so please don't talk about "games"

the reason I am posting here is you keep challenging.. and that is the buzz word here, because semantics are just that... you keep challenging members and calling them out because you hide behind your backers, the fact that you are a female and we all should be gracious... if a women pulled out a knife would i hesitate.. not a second.. use that as an analogy... instead of "semantics" you talk of proper speech.. well maybe it's not that i don't speak your language.. rather you don't speak mine!!

Now if I am ostrasized for this .. well it is what it is....

comments about Ziggy leaving... were you guy's "ROCKA.. BYE.. OOPPSS.. babies?".. meaning did your mamma's drop you on your heads when they were rocking YOU?.. Wow.. that really should impress any lady...a comment to a member such as Ziggy.. members since when a month or two and you think RWG does not need Ziggy... F88k you better start your own Forum then.

All this time I thought it was just me.. well

Life is about CHANGE.. and if someone is so egocentric that it's everyone else never "ME" then it's time for a serious "Gut Check"

I "Respect" Andrew for coming out with this... and every member that has, and that respect is earned ...in my world .. DBR, TT, Stephane,Chieftang.. TTK .. ALL.... the foundation of this Forum

I don't say this to Hurt anyone.. but I'm not going to agree and not throw in, be it Man or Woman