When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Don't Want To Know Who Has The Best Sub.....

Estaban

But I would like any Rlx experts opinion on the Rlx that might suit my needs the best. I wear 44mm Pams exclusively and am a big guy. I'm considering Josh's new Seadweller (The Perfect One), a Pepsi GMT, or an Exp II. I'm leaning towards the SD because it's a bit larger than the GMT and the EXP II.

I'm not a newbee and don't want to know who has the best of the above mentioned watches (unless you have a clear cut opinion) :p

Thanks

But I would like any Rlx experts opinion on the Rlx that might suit my needs the best. I wear 44mm Pams exclusively and am a big guy. I'm considering Josh's new Seadweller (The Perfect One), a Pepsi GMT, or an Exp II. I'm leaning towards the SD because it's a bit larger than the GMT and the EXP II.

I'm not a newbee and don't want to know who has the best of the above mentioned watches (unless you have a clear cut opinion) :p

Thanks

Go with the Perfect SD, pay to have it serviced (you'll never get it done cheaper) and you'll be good to go - or do like me and get one with a bracelt and one to put a sting ray band on!

; )

Bill

I have been wearing Panerais for a while now and it's very hard for me to go back... my gen SMP pro sits in the watch box for those unfortunate 'mercy wearings'...

I tried a Seadweller, but it was sold after not too long as it was too small for my liking... and I'm not a big guy.

Got a perfect Fiddy coming this week... I hope it doesn't ruin it for my 44s!

An SD is not meaningfully "bigger" than a GMT or Exp II in terms of visual impact. It's thicker and heavier, but otherwise the sport rolexes are all around 40mm. I would still go with the SD but because I like the looks of it, not because it's "big."

I would say go for the Pepsi dial, due to it's distinct look. Okay size-wise it pales by comparison with your Pannies, but most other makes will anyway. However I do think the striking look of the pepsi GMT compensates for the size issue imho.

JTB

I have been wearing Panerais for a while now and it's very hard for me to go back... my gen SMP pro sits in the watch box for those unfortunate 'mercy wearings'...

I tried a Seadweller, but it was sold after not too long as it was too small for my liking... and I'm not a big guy.

Got a perfect Fiddy coming this week... I hope it doesn't ruin it for my 44s!

Same feelings here... I think the 47mm fiddy is a bit big so you don't have to worry.. 44mm will still be the perfect size ;)

I go back and forth between my EXP II and my PAM 063 with no problems. I do find it difficult to wear my EXP I-just seems small. I say go with the one with the best movement--in this case the SD unless you can pick up a GMT or EXP II with the 2892 movement. The handstack will be wrong in the latter two, but a 2892 or an unmodified 2836 or is much better than a modified 2836, in my opinion.

Climb on.

Thanks

As a long time gen rollie wearer and now a recent (goin' on two years) Panerai convert...it has been really hard to put my sub back on my wrist...

...love that "mercy wearing"...expression

...'cause everytime I wear it...it just doesn't feel right any more....and this is not a slam on rolex lovers...i still love my sub but it don't feel right...blame that one on my pannys

but anyway, back to the topic...for me, i have always loved the look of the pepsi gmt II...and call me fickle, but eventually i will prolly get a rep of one...as i think their tight.

'course, it'll prolly just sit there and rotate on the winder...