When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubber strap for a GMT Seamaster?

predfan2001

Well since my primary GMT didn't actually die, I was thinking about getting out my other one and swapping the Speedy band for a rubber strap. The first GMT I saw at an AD back in the late 90s had a rubber strap and I loved the appearance.

Has anyone ever done this? Where can I get a rep rubber 20mm strap? Will a PO strap fit? I saw that Silix only sells a 22mm for the UPO.

My GMT with the Speedy band

P1010016-1.jpg

My other one with a gen SMP band

fr1.jpg

Well since my primary GMT didn't actually die, I was thinking about getting out my other one and swapping the Speedy band for a rubber strap. The first GMT I saw at an AD back in the late 90s had a rubber strap and I loved the appearance.

Has anyone ever done this? Where can I get a rep rubber 20mm strap? Will a PO strap fit? I saw that Silix only sells a 22mm for the UPO.

My GMT with the Speedy band

P1010016-1.jpg

My other one with a gen SMP band

fr1.jpg

You can get the rep 20mm, however, that was made specifically for the 3rd gen PO. Withiin the endlinks of the rubber band, there are metal stubs in the middle that was designed for the PO case, since the case had holes for these stubs so the bad can be secured along with the spring bar. What I did, I cliped off those stubs and then used a little super glue to secure the band. No issues there. What I may do, when I have some funds, is go ahead and buy a gen rubber strap. Heck, my GMT is already modded with gen parts, why not get a gen strap, right?

Check out my GMT from the links in my signature.

Does your GMT have pilot holes between the lugs? If so, then a rep strap should fit no trouble. The strap you want for a GMT Seamaster, is the standard 20mm rubber strap that is sold on most Planet Oceans. Rectangular notches, buckle with 10mm tongue, that's the one you need :)

• 2 months later...