When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mp3 Hosting

ryyannon

http://www.rapidshare.de/

Is the 'big one'. There are limits on how much can be downloaded (for free) within 80 minutes, but it has consistently high download speeds.

EDIT: should add - you can't make it too blatant as to what you are sharing. Change the filenames to something meaningless and zip or rar them.

Edited by cornerstone

Thanks for the suggestions, C-stone...

Hadn't even thought of my grotty French cable ISP; as for FileShare, I'll check it out...

Hope it will work with my antiquidated iMac and it's pre-X OS.

Keep telling myself to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.....

You need a new Mac ... but all iMacs can run OSX.

That's very true: there's even a very knowledgeable and helpful guy on the official Apple iMac forum who's been using the successive releases of OSX on a souped-up Rev. A model - one of the first iMacs.

But by the time I add more memory and a bigger HD, I might as well just upgrade the whole system. My problem is that I'm still totally in love with the mono-block iMacs, so the only place I can go is to a used but faster model: the 500-600mhz with enough memory and diskspace to turn OS 4+.

They're pretty indestructable and pretty easy to find cheaply on ebay.fr - the problem is not buying into someone else's problems....

But by the time I add more memory and a bigger HD, I might as well just upgrade the whole system.

You're assuming RAM and HDDs for an old rev iMac are expensive. If you need an upgrade, I have that stuff lying around here. I can bring you some on Thursday.

Anyway, what MP3s are you hosting for us on Noos?