When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is it about PAM and Bell & Ross?

supermoves

Again, Im fairly new to these boards, so I dont want to start hating, but I really dislike the look of the PAm and B&R watches. There is almost no athestic value at all to these brands, IMO.

Do people like them because the design is simple and therefore easy to replicate and leads to more quality replicas? Or is it just an issue of "to each his own?" There seem to be a LOT of people who like these styles and I am honestly wondering if Im just missing something?

Thanks!

Again, Im fairly new to these boards, so I dont want to start hating, but I really dislike the look of the PAm and B&R watches. There is almost no athestic value at all to these brands, IMO.

i'll be the first to warn you -- many people feel this way when they first get here, then end up eating their words and get addicted to pams like the rest of us. so whatever you do, just don't buy a pam. next thing you know, you'll have eight of them. :o

deltatahoe

i'll be the first to warn you -- many people feel this way when they first get here, then end up eating their words and get addicted to pams like the rest of us. so whatever you do, just don't buy a pam. next thing you know, you'll have eight of them. :o

Wish I could hunt down my newbiest post here, where I said I hated Panerai, hate hate. My internal thoughts:

"Big, bulky, fashionista dross, what do people see in them, hey you know that one is kinda cool, maybe Panerai aren't so bad, let me just try one, but that strap has GOT to go, ooh wow, this is kinda nice, so sleek and elegant. MORE!"

17 Panerai and 150 straps later, here I am. Still without a Bell & Ross.

Sorry, I have to officially diagnose you in 1st stage of Paneritis.

Stage 1: What is a PAM? (or: Why a PAM?)

Stage 2: Wow, a PAM!

Stage 3: Where is my PAM?

Stage 4: Where is my next PAM???

Exactly how I got sucked in. Now I have 4 including a fiddy with a gen movement. I could of bought at least 10 reps with what I paid for that gen movement.... And I didn't like the PAM's in the beginning.

sssurfer speaks the truth!

Give it time....

But they again, everyones different and you may end up liking them...

another "but"

But, if you fancy watches, you'll eventually come to admire and lust over the PAM's...

And I'm with vbarret on the B&R... nice but do not have the elegance of a PAM.

Funny story, I recently purchased a 111e, when I first showed the pictures to some worjk friends, they did not say anything at the moment, but they all thought "yuck!". Well! when the 111 arrived, along with a SC 24/24 legend strap, their minds changed within a day if not hours..

Now atleast 2 of my work buddies want one :lol:

gotta love those PAMS

Oh! and BTW, my thoughts were right inline with yours when I first arrives here

Have fun!!

Robb

I was like this a year or so ago until i got sucked into buying a PAM...

Its such a sneaky watch, it just peaks out from under your shirt, and someone sees the CG and asks "Hey, what is that?" and you tell them... and they say "A What?"... and it grows on them quickly.

You will be overcome with this feeling soon enough.

Cheers

To render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, I have to make it clear that someone else had a finger in the "4-stage W-Paneritis syndrome" pie. Actually, it was identified by another physician, a member of great taste and humor and kindness that I am missing so much...

Hope all well with you, Esmarc!

Btw... I see that posting his syndrome here made my "funny" rating rise up over any other my rating.

Please think twice about it, find a way to withdraw them. I assure I am just a boring, sucking, unfriendly person.

Oh, and yes, I am going to mark as a personal foe anyone who should rate even this post as funny... :sly: