When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dw daytona 6263

deltatahoe

i was really fortunate, and managed to snatch up twotone's dw daytona 6263 when he put it up for sale a while back in a moment of insanity. :crazy:

i sent it on a trip to ziggy pretty much immediately after i received it for a couple mods (more on that later), but quickly ran into a bit of a roadblock finding end links that fit properly (the ones that came on the watch weren't quite right). i bought a couple different bracelets in search of end links that fit properly, but didn't have much luck. :(

then one day joshua posted a new vintage daytona model for sale that had a bracelet with 571 endlinks, so i emailed him to see if he would be willing to sell just the bracelet and endlinks from this new watch. he indicated that he was, so i decided to give it a shot. well i'm really happy i did, as the end links fit the dw daytona perfectly. :tu:

my dw daytona 6263 is finally complete :victory:

dsc01241bk2.jpg

some close-up pictures of the 571 end links (i paired them up with a solid midlink vintage bracelet -- i like the extra heft of the solid midlinks)

dsc01242dw0.jpg

dsc01243px3.jpg

dsc01244et2.jpg

dsc01245lj1.jpg

dsc01246yg9.jpg

some pictures depicting the other mods (genuine t-21 and triplock crown & tube)

dsc01247vx7.jpg

dsc01261jl8.jpg

dsc01259id4.jpg

a couple wrist shots

dsc01251eg1.jpg

dsc01255nh3.jpg

and finally, a special thanks to twotone for his generous gesture to part with such a beauty :blush:

thanks for looking ;)

deltatahoe

I forget to check out the Photography area for a few days and then, behind my back, Delta posts something worth checking in for. I do not know what magic the Zigmeister weaved over it, but nice touch with the 571s. Whatever you do, do not make the same mistake that TT did. And fer chrissakes, do not wear it to chop kindling wood like certain Alaskan types might do.

• 1 month later...
i was really fortunate, and managed to snatch up twotone's dw daytona 6263 when he put it up for sale a while back in a moment of insanity. :crazy:

i sent it on a trip to The Zigmeister pretty much immediately after i received it for a couple mods (more on that later), but quickly ran into a bit of a roadblock finding end links that fit properly (the ones that came on the watch weren't quite right). i bought a couple different bracelets in search of end links that fit properly, but didn't have much luck. :(

then one day joshua posted a new vintage daytona model for sale that had a bracelet with 571 endlinks, so i emailed him to see if he would be willing to sell just the bracelet and endlinks from this new watch. he indicated that he was, so i decided to give it a shot. well i'm really happy i did, as the end links fit the dw daytona perfectly. :tu:

my dw daytona 6263 is finally complete :victory:

dsc01241bk2.jpg

some close-up pictures of the 571 end links (i paired them up with a solid midlink vintage bracelet)

dsc01242dw0.jpg

dsc01243px3.jpg

dsc01244et2.jpg

dsc01245lj1.jpg

dsc01246yg9.jpg

some pictures depicting the other mods (genuine t-21 and triplock crown & tube)

dsc01247vx7.jpg

dsc01261jl8.jpg

dsc01259id4.jpg

a couple wrist shots

dsc01251eg1.jpg

dsc01255nh3.jpg

and finally, a special thanks to twotone for his generous gesture to part with such a beauty :blush:

thanks for looking ;)

deltatahoe

Its a lovely example of an Exotic dial but I just is not for me as they need STICK markers as the face looks incomplete without them. but I can see where you have been wrestling to make other end links fit ..it looks like you have done a little tooling on the lugs to make the strap swing better.

Ive Got a Vintage 6365. (Iwill post a blinding pictiure of it when I get the hang of how to do it im working on it)

Ive managed to attach a modern Rolesor strap to it... Now I know you will go EEK! but it looks blinding, very steady end links no rattling and it has that unmistakable shiny midlink all around it. all that and UI got it to fit a 37mm case but I had to gently file the sides of the end link to make it fit between the lugs .

but it was worth it. im gonna post you a pic in a moment when I edit this.

post-10697-1200742305_thumb.jpg

Edited by mediawonk