When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look the ugly watch I have received!

Francisco

One of the dealers of this forum sent me this Panerai watch. The dirty is inside the glass. And the power reserve is not working properly. Can you beleive it?

img0766vz0.th.jpg

I sent him an email yesterday. No answer yet. I hope a quick solution. Otherwise I will post this in his dealer review section. The countdown starts.

No quality control :huh:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

That must be the worst watch I have ever seen from a dealer..Sure it must have been dropshipped... I am sure you will receive a replacement! :)

I know i have that beat for worst watch drop shipped by one of our dear dealers....i won't mention any names as he corrected the abomination...but it wasn't even close to the picture...yes, he had the right model number but that was about it....

Sorry to see that 27a....hopefully you can get it replaced quickly...

Not sure if threatening the dealer with your 'countdown' would be the FIRST course of action to take (probably best to try to resolve this privately and after all attempts at resolution exhausted-then crank up your 'countdown') But best wishes for a positive solution and good luck with other dealers

I understand what you mean. But my money was checked before I paid. Good money, no QC issues. Can we ask 5 minutes of attention before sending our watches?

This is the secong watch i received. The first one, from another dealer was defective too. He sent me back..the same watch... but repaired. I begin to feel tired.

Can we ask 5 minutes of attention before sending our watches?

What you wrote, is what I wrote Paul word-for-word, once. It only takes 5 seconds, the merest glance, to ascertain certain faults. But they don't -- largely I think, because the watches arrive all wrapped up in clingfilm, and they don't want to open them up.

No excuse, of course.

This is the secong watch i received. The first one, from another dealer was defective too. He sent me back..the same watch... but repaired. I begin to feel tired.

I felt the same way. It doesn't get better. It just gets "different". The more watches you buy, the better it is, however.

At one point, when I was at 40 rep watches, more than 1/2 had some kind of QC issue. They were all replaced or refunded or in some way compensated for. Even Paul gave me the case for the rusted out PAM 199.

But it takes PATIENCE, this hobby.

If not, sadly, you should start saving for gens. I don't say that to be mean, Francisco, believe me.

Well unfortunately there are select few dealers who actually ever SEE your watch in person. These watches are for the most part assembled in somebodies uncles attic and then sent to a backroom of a warehouse and then finally 'forwarded' onto you/us, the buyer. The 5 minutes that you ask for is the 5 minutes most dealers spend transferring monies from one account to another.

Buy your dealer FIRST -then your watch. Look at TTK-Angus-Narikaa and others who actually HOLD your watch before they ship it.

Again good luck

well well friend :lol:

but i think all the dealers which do QC will ship you also sometime a defect watches. That

I totally agree Tourby on all counts! Good post

We have to keep reminding ourselves that these are just reps! But the overall improvement in quality that I've seen in the last 6 -7 years has been remarkable.

Sorry to thread crap Francisco

Thanks to everybody. I think this thread can help to the newbies like me...to be very patient. The first rep watch , a Rolex GMT II that I am wearing now....compensates the wait and the first quality problem.

I will keep informed the forum. We are here to exchange ideas and experiencies.

It's experiences like this that cause me to say I will never, ever, in the history of forever, purchase another drop-shipped watch.

I ordered two watches from Narikaa not too long ago and the service is incomparable. The price was even lower if you think about it... it's really shocking. Narikaa could EASILY charge double for his services and still have waves of customers because there is NO COMPARISON for having a HONEST INDIVIDUAL actually inspect a watch prior to shipping.

It's experiences like this that cause me to say I will never, ever, in the history of forever, purchase another drop-shipped watch.

I ordered two watches from Narikaa not too long ago and the service is incomparable. The price was even lower if you think about it... it's really shocking. Narikaa could EASILY charge double for his services and still have waves of customers because there is NO COMPARISON for having a HONEST INDIVIDUAL actually inspect a watch prior to shipping.

I have been reading good reviews about Narikaa but the pics on his website are not quite up to the mark and does make the watches looks 'cheap'. Are his watches comparable to the other dealers in terms of quality?

How much did you pay for the watch?

I paid 80$ plus shipping.

BTW, I have just received his email. He agrres to change the watch. "Please, send it back". But... he forgets to give me the address! Therefore, I have to wait a couple of days until he reads my email asking for the returning address. What a life!

$80.00 ? Thanks for answering the question. The old saying that you get what you pay for holds true, There are exceptions, of course, but for that amount of money you really cannot expect too much.

$80.00 ? Thanks for answering the question. The old saying that you get what you pay for holds true, There are exceptions, of course, but for that amount of money you really cannot expect too much.

Please, think twice. The glass is dirty. I only expect a clean glass. The cost is the same. The cost of manufactuting the glass is the same. They only had to clean it up. We cannot justify these things. I could pay 100$. But this is not to improve the quality. The cost of the parts would be the same.

Again, I have received the second mail agreeing to change the watch (even I only paid $80 ;) ). But, again, he forgot to give the address to send it back. Therefore, I have to wait for a new email. perhaps this time he undestands I need a postal adress. What a life.