When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New versions of Chronomat EVO and Steelfish SOSF?

chrgod

There seems to be rumours that the Steelfish and "Ultimate BCE" are in short supply at the moment. Dealers are seeling out to prepare for the new versions, which are due "in two weeks"... ( Guess we can make that about three months.)

Does anyone have any information on the work/ improvements on these new models? Thought it could be cool to gather it together in one thread.

I hope that the dial pattern on the SOSF and BCE will be improved, the cocentric circles on the stick marker BCE models are a bit weak. Also, the pearl on the SOSF can be better. The last batch of BCEs seems to have an improved pearl.

The engraved numbers on the bezel can also bee deeper and sharper.

Nevertheless, I sure hope that they dont mess it up too much..

I've read angus post about it...

a post like this could be great, maybe if we get again dealers to listed for all this improvements...maybe something could be done so the new releases are even better than the previous one...

I think that if something could be done, if it is not too late...A will listen to us and will definitely propose this mods to the factories...

My guess is that the new SFSO will include the pointed second hand that Breitling is now using

I know the triangle you mean but interestingly on the Breitling site they have the square one again, but the HE valve is at 10 o'clock not 9.

EDIT: It seems the square second hand is on the 360 view but the pointed one is everywhere else.

I agree with Poopy. Does anyone seriously believe that when they can make a completely new version without screwing up something major (that was already done well)?

I think it's unrealistic to except the factories to improve them. Both are superb replications, and I'd be very happy with both of them (I only own the SFSO though).