When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black or Brown croc strap

stagfan

I suppose it's okay if it's a really, really dark brown strap but the general rule when it comes to dressing is "match leathers", that is black shoes mean black leater belt and black leather watch strap. But what the hell, wear what you like also works.

Personally I wear what the hell coloured strap no matter the colour of shoes but always wear brown with my white 'disco' type shoes.

(Is anyone else this fussy or am I missing something here?)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Emmzy

No.

My, what a definitive answer from the red-taloned owner of a pink-gator-strapped Fiddy and various other monstrosities....and please don't waste our time Googling Debrett's, it's really not necessary.

@Stagfan - why not post a pic of the actual watch and strap you plan on matching up - easier to assess that way. But nothing wrong with a nice dark brown croc on a black dial dress watch, worn with a well-cut dark suit and black shoes.

My, what a definitive answer from the red-taloned owner of a pink-gator-strapped Fiddy and various other monstrosities....and please don't waste our time Googling Debrett's, it's really not necessary.

I've had quite enough of your cyber-bullying, cyber-obsessing, cyber-targetting. You don't exist for me on RWG from now on. Please do the same for me.

I've had quite enough of your cyber-bullying, cyber-obsessing, cyber-targetting. You don't exist for me on RWG from now on. Please do the same for me.

If that bullying response to Vic's answer wasn't thread crapping I don't know what is!

Some of us have made light of this thread, others have given opinions here and at other forums.

Why can't the member for Liverpool act like a gent? Answers on a postcard to........

You don't exist for me on RWG from now on. Please do the same for me.

:yawn:

Change the record please, Victoria. I've seen that posturing put-down over a dozen times now. It is simply an attempt to garner sympathy and it is wearing thin. Why not stop making a great play of saying over and over again that you are going to ignore people and just do it.

@Emmzy - get off your high-horse please. :horse:

Doc's point is perfectly valid, and his observations about Victoria's nails and pink strapped fiddy are factually accurate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of taste and that is what this thread was all about until Victoria threw one of her characteristic hissy-fits over what until then was simply a difference of opinion.

Let's not inflate this one into a slanging match too, please....

Is it ok to wear a brown croc strap if you are wearing black leather shoes?

Yes. Matching of accessories is generally only relevant for items in close proximity to each other. It is far more important to match your metals. Not a good idea to wear a steel watch with a yellow gold wedding band, belt buckle or cufflinks.

Fair enough Ken, no more from me after this - you got the PM then ;)

If you read with a little objectivity, you'll notice I was just referring to the uncharacteristic abrupt and definitive answer given and made a fact-based comment about that answer and how it disqualified such opinion (a pink-gator'd Fiddy is evidence of dubious taste), I then asked the OP to post a pic of his desired combo. My earlier post in this thread was also positive and helpful.

VB - :yawn: don't flatter yourself, I just find it hard to stomach you presenting your opinions, wrapped up as they are in some sort of official 'I know it all' tone. It's boring and unnecessary. And also in this case, not very helpful, especially to a relative 'Newbie" one of those same members your signature implores to contact you on about anything regarding the forum or purchases.

Emmzy - talking of boring - I think you're confusing 'chivalry' with your sycophancy and thinly-disguised Al Murray-esque misogyny - "a white wine for the lady......" :rolleyes: Also, please refrain from making persistent personal and unnecessary comments about Liverpool - I stopped rising to your childish bait on that subject a long time ago - it's not the first time you speak from ignorance and bitterness - until now I have never reciprocated as I might about an ex-hooligan, sangria-swilling, Costa Blanca-exiled Chav.

To Stagfan - apologies for this all over your thread, just some unpleasant internal politics, there'll be no more - as I and others said, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with wearing a brown strap watch with black shoes - anyone who says otherwise is being ridiculous, so please bring this back on-topic by posting a pic or description of what you plan on matching up :D

Edited by docblackrock

Doc and r11co nobody likes trolling it is even worse when it comes from respected senior members, you have both had your warning levels raised.

Not trolling Ken. I was defusing the situation between Emmzy and Doc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as I said, although I see that you only have eyes for one opinion at the moment and are throwing your weight around to enforce it (explain exactly, if you will for the benefit of the crowd, where my signature has gone.....?)

The warning is unwarranted - you are overreacting.

Victoria is capable of looking after herself - your job as moderator is to be impartial - remember?! :huh:

For Costa Blanca read Costa del Sol, ex-hooligan read ex-player, chav read gucci wearing businessman, 51 years old. lol

Just get off Vic's back.....she means no harm and only good. We've been here before, having a go at her achieved little then and backfired somewhat on those who damned her.

This community in the main part welcomes her postings.....makes for good reading and is a welcome change from 'xxxx doesn't answer my emails, I'm contacting PayPal' etc.

If you don't like her style, don't read her postings, it's that simple.

Oh deary deary me.

Let's be fair here, Victoria's point was a totally accurate and valid one. In the 'grand scheme of things', and personal choice, of course a person is free to wear whatever color combinations they like, regardless of how it looks to others, as it is their choice to do so. However, this must be balanced with the standard 'rule' that when dressing, matching leathers like shoes, belt and watch, are the details which pull an outfit together. Are they essential? No. Are they obligatory? Of course not. It is, for want of a better term, the icing on the cake.

R11co, your post to Victoria was as high-handed as the standards you accuse her of displaying. Her 'hissy fit', as you put it, was only made when Doc made an unnecessary personal comment about her own tastes, rather than simply disagreeing with her. It is one thing to try and act as a negotiator, but doing so in a way which insults one party is not particularly impartial, nor does it de-escalate the situation. If you feel that that is an insult, then my apologies, I was merely stating how your post may be perceived by others.

R11co, your post to Victoria was as high-handed as the standards you accuse her of displaying.

OK, so maybe I exaggerated a little when I said a dozen times. :p

@stagfan, as doc said, don't worry about the politics and post away - no need for sorries :) In fact, some pictures of the items in question would be a welcome return to normality. Freddy and Doc are bang on the button with your original question. The rest is just static.

What you saw above was someone's nose going out of joint because another member they dislike got a reply in before them. The 'no' wasn't directed at you but aimed to contradict the advice of someone else, hence the uncharacteristic brevity.

For Costa Blanca read Costa del Sol, ex-hooligan read ex-player, chav read gucci wearing businessman, 51 years old. lol

Just get off Vic's back.....she means no harm and only good. We've been here before, having a go at her achieved little then and backfired somewhat on those who damned her.

This community in the main part welcomes her postings.....makes for good reading and is a welcome change from 'xxxx doesn't answer my emails, I'm contacting PayPal' etc.

Firstly I agree on those Paypal posts - yet they are the very same ones that instead of being ignored and dropping off the radar get bumped unnecessarily by do-gooders trying to make out they're some type of fixer with the ear of the dealer in question.

But back to you....I apologise about the ex-hooligan jibe - unwarranted. Still you must agree Chelsea fans of your ilk were notorious for being certain types - god knows nobody ever went to the Bridge to actually watch football in the 70s and 80s. More like going along for the 'afters'. As for being an ex-player - well that explains a lot judging by your lack of objectivity and insight, not to mention your trolling/crapping on every football thread and your inability to leave out the bigoted insults towards me. Not much different from the Andy Gray's and Townsend's of this world and various other media, except they get paid for it. You put a huge dampener on those CL threads you know that? Until you showed up, they were a good craic, Ape, Edgey, JTB, Admin, Rico, Offshore, even Ken and many others all having some good banter from different sides - but you went OTT and cleared the place out. Well done.

Businessman, I daren't ask. Property I'd guess. You have that manner. Gucci-wearing? Is that really the way the best adjective you feel you need to describe yourself??? Makes sense. I'd have said Costa del Sol, but thought it far too obvious and stereotypical as in ex-con Brits a la Sexy Beast - granted you too much credit obviously. I just remembered our Valencia chat that's all, one I mistakenly took at the time for signs of someone genial, interesting and knowledgeable...that is until you reverted to type.

Don't worry though, I'll happily "get off Vick's back" - in fact I've already offered an olive branch re. putting together the Noob Guide she's suggested. But that has nothing to do with you Emmzy, so don't treat it as such. You and I - let's just agree to disagree on everything, and walk on along separate paths. Agreed? (that's rhetorical, by the way)

Stagfan - PLEASE post the details or pics of what you're thinking over.

I and many others would like to see them. Sure there are different opinions out there but there's no right or wrong per se. You may even get some great strap suggestions, whose where how much etc. I for one have just got myself a black-dialled new dress watch which I plan on sporting with a gorgeous brown croc strap on deployant. I'll share if you do ;)

Here is the watch...

20071204037.jpg

Hoping for your suggestions...Really liking the dark brown croc strap...

Thanks...

If it was anything but a white dial, I'd say stick to black, but a dark brown strap would look great on this - calf or croc. I think Pugs (Pugwash) has this on something brown, not 100% definite though, Andreww will though definitely.

Sounds like you already have a strap in mind, but if not you could do worse than check out BOB straps for Breitling (www.waccex.de) - amazing quality for the price. He also has a sales area here.