When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I saw the gen, I want a rep

Francisco

Hi:

I was is Caracas' airport last weekend. There was a watch store selling several brands, including Omega. They had several Planet Oceans and this black SMP, that I tried. Picture of this model, the steel one, follows:

omega2dg0.th.jpg

Before trying it I thought it was not beatiful, but in my wrist, suddenly, it beguns to shyne. I want one! Now I have been cheking the web page of Omega and I found the titanium model, that follows:

omega1tu4.th.jpg

Can you help? First, Which model do you like more?

Second, I want a good rep, money is not so important for this model. I love it. I have been checking the pictures of several dealers, and the hands size are normaly noticable short. However, Angus (PureTime) seems to have a good replica of the titanium model. Do you know who is selling the best rep of these models.

Thanks.

Hi:

Can you help? First, Which model do you like more?

Second, I want a good rep, money is not so important for this model. I love it. I have been checking the pictures of several dealers, and the hands size are normaly noticable short. However, Angus (PureTime) seems to have a good replica of the titanium model. Do you know who is selling the best rep of these models.

Thanks.

Hi,

I love the black 2254.50.

I've spent hours to find the best one and finally I ordered one to a non rwg seller, still waiting it...

If the watch delivered is the one pictured, the seller will be VERY busy.

Check time to time topic: Black SMP pro, too good to be true.

I'll let know how accurate is the watch when I'll receive it.

Except this one, aestheticaly I like the asian one from trusty.

Hi,

I love the black 2254.50.

I've spent hours to find the best one and finally I ordered one to a non rwg seller, still waiting it...

If the watch delivered is the one pictured, the seller will be VERY busy.

Check time to time topic: Black SMP pro, too good to be true.

I'll let know how accurate is the watch when I'll receive it.

Except this one, aestheticaly I like the asian one from trusty.

Come on, the pictures are from the web page of Omega :rolleyes:

Please, give some feedback when your new watch arrives. Thanks

So the rest of the watch, is is not so important where do you buy it?

No not really. Most of the Omega lovers get gen dials/hands/bezel/inserts and sometimes even the crystal and crown. At that point it really doesn't matter who the dealer was, you just want a good movement and bracelet.

Here is my effort--an ETA version, that I put a gen dial and gen hands on, then a better bezel insert from ebay. I couldnt find any version "as is" that was satisfactory.

The 21j version from Andrew isn't bad, but the dial markers are too big and too green, and the hands have a bit of a coarse appearance. Alao, only the ETA will fit gen hands.

Here is my result:

projecta017jl8.jpg

Here is my effort--an ETA version, that I put a gen dial and gen hands on, then a better bezel insert from ebay. I couldnt find any version "as is" that was satisfactory.

The 21j version from Andrew isn't bad, but the dial markers are too big and too green, and the hands have a bit of a coarse appearance. Alao, only the ETA will fit gen hands.

Here is my result:

projecta017jl8.jpg

And the case? the bezel and the original dial will fit in all the rep cases?

I suspect the dial will only fit--at least easily and with the correct match up on the date wheel--on the ETA. You might well be able to make it work though, but i'd say it costs enough that I wouldn't put it on a non-ETA version. The hands ore the wrong size to correctly fit the pin on any non-ETA spec movement.

The aftermarket bezel fits the ETA and 21J versions fine (but the insert on the 21J is already pretty good--the onw on the ETA had numbers that are too puffy looking, to me at least.

Mine is the ETA case and crystal, which fit the gen parts fine. The case on the 21J may well be OK, but I don't know. The band and crystal on the ETA watch are good, at least good enough for me.

Good luck.

Used to have 2254.50, really nice watch, but I sold it because case is really not good. I think at the moment there is no replica with good case - they all have crown guards completely scre*ed up. You can check on my picture, and compare it to the gen picture.

53a056dc.jpg

And since buying gen case is not really feasible, I decided to give up on all planned mods. There is a "legend" about this replica from some "closed factory", some members even posted pictures of it, but it is not available any more, at least not from the sources I know. And BTW, crystal on this really needs AR badly, without it it looks really bad, since it's quite curved.

regards

Come on, the pictures are from the web page of Omega :rolleyes:

Please, give some feedback when your new watch arrives. Thanks

No my friend, It's definitly a rep on the pic, but a very good one. :thumbs:

you can Believe that, I humbly have a pretty good knowledge of this watch.

The question is: Is this rep still on the market?

I ordered it to check it out.

I'll give feedback allright.

No matter if I'm scammed or not...

No my friend, It's definitly a rep on the pic, but a very good one. :thumbs:

you can Believe that, I humbly have a pretty good knowledge of this watch.

The question is: Is this rep still on the market?

I ordered it to check it out.

I'll give feedback allright.

No matter if I'm scammed or not...

This is the pic from the official Omega web.

22545000.gif

And this is Francisco's pic.

omega2dg0.jpg

I was about to type they are the same pic but...look at the crown diameter on both watches.

This is the pic from the official Omega web.

I was about to type they are the same pic but...look at the crown diameter on both watches.

Sorry, I was thinking that Francisco was talking about the pictures of the rep I'm waiting.

The second picture you show is also coming from the official brand site but it is the middle size one.

Sorry, I was thinking that Francisco was talking about the pictures of the rep I'm waiting.

The second picture you show is also coming from the official brand site but it is the middle size one.

Sure. They are from Omega web site. If I knew a dealer selling reps that these ones, I would not asking your help. ;)

I asked Angus (Pure Time) for the price of the very good Seamaster GMT balck model 2007 that is in his photo gallery. He told me that the factory stopped production one month ago. Bad news, the quality seems excellent. :mellow:

I asked Angus (Pure Time) for the price of the very good Seamaster GMT balck model 2007 that is in his photo gallery. He told me that the factory stopped production one month ago. Bad news, the quality seems excellent. :mellow:

Well don't be sad, his GMT had at obvious flaw on the dial: AUTOMATIC instead of CHRONOMETER.

See the one at precious time, no visible flaws for me.

This is so obvious that I did not realize :D