When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Milgauss

bertieng

Has anyone ever got a hand onto the MBW Milgauss? How is the quality and accuracy?

Milgauss is such a hot topc now in the gen. circle. Price is unbelievably high considering it is just a simple wtach with no other fucntions at all, not even with a date.

If you are referring to the expense of the gen Milgauss (the new one), the relatively high price tag is due, in part, to its magnetic shielding. I am sure that Rolex is also well aware of the popularity and high auction prices paid for vintage Milgausses & they are simply good business people ('if the customer is willing to pay more, then charge more').

I would consider the anniversary version (with the green tinted crystal), but I have absolutely no use for a watch with an orange color scheme. Yuk.

I personally inspected two of them about a week ago when I was in Bangkok. The MBW / MBK shop had two versions on hand. One version had a smooth, unpainted steel bezel like no other Milgauss that I've ever seen. The other version had the "normal" bezel that I was familiar with.

Both were very impressive in weight and feel, but not my cup of tea...I've found that I just can't wear anything smaller than 40mm these days. Aside from that, I would recommend you getting MBW / MBK Milgauss if you been searching for one of these.

I personally inspected two of them about a week ago when I was in Bangkok. The MBW / MBK shop had two versions on hand. One version had a smooth, unpainted steel bezel like no other Milgauss that I've ever seen. The other version had the "normal" bezel that I was familiar with.

Both were very impressive in weight and feel, but not my cup of tea...I've found that I just can't wear anything smaller than 40mm these days. Aside from that, I would recommend you getting MBW / MBK Milgauss if you been searching for one of these.

Thanks for the info.

"smooth, unpainted steel bezel, "normal" bezel" - what is unpainted? Isn't the Milgauss supposed to have smooth polished steel bezel?

I agree with Nanuq about the 6541, but the 1019s (with the smooth bezel) are another story. These can be made into fine watches with a standard crown/tube-ectomy & crystal upgrade. I have another 1 in the pipeline, but there are a few other (more important) projects ahead of it in the queue.

Hi Freedy, is this the 5019? Picture taken from TTK's recent offering. Does the dial look correct, I have no idea.

What should be the correct ref. for gen. crown, crystal and bracelet/endlinks?

post-943-1197081763_thumb.jpg

I do not recognize that model number (5019) as being a Milgauss. The model designation I have for the honeycomb/lightening bolt second hand Milgauss is 6541. Here are a few pictures of a gen 6541 (note the Dauphine hands and the shape/thickness of the case)

6541_1.jpg

6541_9.jpg

6541_2.jpg

I have never seen a rep of this model that got the case dimensions correct.

Actually there are extant examples of the 6541 and 6543 with smooth bezels... the rarest of the rare... I've seen a brown dial 6541 with one...

TTK's offering is close, the 'flaw' that bothers me most is the dial itself... where I would expect a "basketweave' look (straight or rotated 45 degrees for 'diamond shaped'), the dial looks like dipped door screen... not bad, just not accurate...

other than that the hands are a bit short, but not as big a deal, as replacements would be easier to find than a more accurate dial,

then there's the bracelet... but, the fun is in the chase, right?