When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 bracelet

Niclas

I have searched the forums regarding this topic. Result: It is hard!

A tutorial on this would be very appreciated.

Hmm Niclas, I thought it was quite an easy task, easier than other members here said it was. If I remember correctly, I used the special spring removal tool (of course) and worked on one side first, while applying a fare amount of pull to the bracelet with my thumb and index finger. Luckily the spring stayed where I put it (that's essential, I think), when I went to work on the other side, still pulling the bracelet. Hope this somehow helps.

Cheers,

Volker

Hmm Niclas, I thought it was quite an easy task, easier than other members here said it was. If I remember correctly, I used the special spring removal tool (of course) and worked on one side first, while applying a fare amount of pull to the bracelet with my thumb and index finger. Luckily the spring stayed where I put it (that's essential, I think), when I went to work on the other side, still pulling the bracelet. Hope this somehow helps.

Cheers,

Volker

Yes, I tried that at first. However, a standard spring removal tool is to large.

The bracelet fits so tight to the case that I believe that you have to push the spring bar from both sides and pull the bracelet out. Hence, I need a pair of "spring removal tweezers". :D

Yes, I tried that at first. However, a standard spring removal tool is to large.

The bracelet fits so tight to the case that I believe that you have to push the spring bar from both sides and pull the bracelet out. Hence, I need a pair of "spring removal tweezers". :D

The "Professional plier for fitting and removing spring bars" is 39.99 EUR at http://www.watch-tool.de/, kind of expensive... And the actual tools are just as large as the one you have, I reckon. I fu**ed up my removal tool in the operation too, BTW.

The "Professional plier for fitting and removing spring bars" is 39.99 EUR at http://www.watch-tool.de/, kind of expensive... And the actual tools are just as large as the one you have, I reckon. I fu**ed up my removal tool in the operation too, BTW.

Surprise, there is a tool for everything.

It is expensive though, and as you point out, the forks probably are to large anyway.

Finally!

As trombone wrote the trick is to push the spring bar and put a tooth pick in that block the hole in the case. Do this on both sides of the spring bar simultaneously. It helps a lot if you have more than two hands. Hence, ask someone to put in the tooth pick while you hold the case and push the spring bar.

The spring bars have a very small ridge for the tool to grip on to, compared to "ordinary" spring bars, which also make it difficult. The end link fits so tight that it is completely impossible to wiggle it, you have to pull it straight out.

Edited by Niclas

I used a toothpick to hold open one side then did the other...with a tool depress one side.. insert a toothpick to hold it open then release the other side..

post-2172-1197567164.jpg

After opening the spring bar hold it open and insert a toothpick in the open area then let the toothpick hold open one end while you work the other end.. I have it laying flat for the purpose of taking the shot.. but manuver the case as you see fit..this has worked numerous times .. a result of frustrated tries at removing the bracelet .. it is times as this when you realize how essential a good spring bar tool is.. and even at that the toothpick is a life saver for me. :D

hope this works for you