When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine SMP bezel from ofrei

ryaku

Ryaku:

If you are trying to fit the bezel onto the older model of 25318000 - By old, I mean the version with ETA2824 - not the one with the 2892 seagull movement, then the bezel will fit. You will need to ask Ofrei to send you the bezel spring retainer (forgot the technical term for this piece). Because the replica has a different mechanism as the genuine, you will need to glue down the bezel retainer onto the case and then you just need to snap the genuine bezel on and it will work perfectly - with its 120 clicks.

Sorry If I mislead you as I did not know it could be modded to fit with the retaining ring :huh:

no need, different models have different specs. The one that you have (2892), I also have and yes, you can't fit the genuine bezel on. I had to take the genuine bezel insert off and fix it on the replica bezel for it to work. But as you may have noticed, the 2892 version has the 120 click mechanism anyway so very close to the genuine, just slightly different in size.

• 5 months later...
Ryaku:

If you are trying to fit the bezel onto the older model of 25318000 - By old, I mean the version with ETA2824 - not the one with the 2892 seagull movement, then the bezel will fit. You will need to ask Ofrei to send you the bezel spring retainer (forgot the technical term for this piece). Because the replica has a different mechanism as the genuine, you will need to glue down the bezel retainer onto the case and then you just need to snap the genuine bezel on and it will work perfectly - with its 120 clicks.

So the parts I would need to do this would be:

SKU Each Total

Omega Bezel Clickspring OME-129ST0510 $10.20

Omega Seamaster Professional Bezel 1361 OME-082SU1361 $212.00

Omega Seamaster 082ST1361 Bezel Spring OME-085ST0051 $6.20

I'm picking up an old model from rep geek:

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=19823

Just want to be sure before I order the bezel.