When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Good A. Lange & Sohne Rep I've Ever Seen

beanyboy

I have never, to my mind, ever seen a good A. Lange & Sohne rep. They all suck, including that 1815 Flyback that some people on this board hold up as a pretty good one. I have checked out the real thing several times, and I am always impressed by the workmanship and "presence" of a real Lange timepiece. In comparison, the reps look like Cracker Jack prizes.

Well, good ole Narikka has posted the nicest Lange rep I've ever seen. It's likely not based on an acutal Lange, but it's not one of those stuuuuupid "fantasy" pieces of crap either. It's got a venus movement, and the face looks high quality enough to fool some pretty sophisticated folks. Just enough simplicity to make it seem real.

At $220, sans shipping, I think I'll hold off for a while. But I am hoping that this signals the beginning of some high quality reps outside of the usual Rollie, PAM and Omega reps arean.

Anybody got any information to back this up?

I am still waiting for a Chronoswiss rep that's worth the shipping. How about a nice lume-faced Timemaster with the nylon strap? C'mon, rep makers! Humor us.

Beany

If am not mistasking two more dealers other than Narikka are carrying exactly the sama watch.

All of them with Venus movement and all of them with the same fault.

Subdilas are too high up.

On the gen, the subs are between 3 and 5 and 9 and 7.

Pic of gen

http://www.orologi.it/articoli/183/lange-file/oro_119_1.jpg

Yes, that gen with the black dial and gold case is awesome. I would certainly like to see a rep like that to add to my collection.

There seems to be enough interest among rep collectors to justify doing some good Chronoswiss and A. Lange & Sohne reps.

I guess the manufacturers just don't read these forums.

Beany

This is an interresting question, how do the manufacturers decide upon which brands and models they should make? I'm not thinking of popular brands as Rolex, Panerai a.s.o., for whom there supposingly is a certain demand anyway, but for the rest? Any ideas?

This is an interresting question, how do the manufacturers decide upon which brands and models they should make? I'm not thinking of popular brands as Rolex, Panerai a.s.o., for whom there supposingly is a certain demand anyway, but for the rest? Any ideas?

Over the past few years I've had the sneaking suspicion that the 'Wristwatch Annual' (which proliferates in the Far East) has been a source of 'short run' new lines ideas for the manufacturers.

Yes..I have a few dealer as my fren..Thats what they told me 5 years ago too...every year...they their own ..willlhave their own catalogue...really nice catalogue ..and very thick...and inside it shows all the GEN that all the factory make...

but alll the catalogue written in chinese, taiwanese, japanese.. LOL .. :D

yes guys it's the same one. the same one that has been out for months if not more than a year or so. no biggie.

and to answer the question, the reason that it's difficult to get a solid rep of one of these is because the movement that the gen uses is not one likely to be repped. anyone, and i mean anyone that knows what this model should look like will know in half a second that it is a rep due to the subdial layout.

nonetheless, as a happy owner i'd say that while not accurate it is indeed lovely and recommend it highly.