When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rollie Ss 18239 Pix

SubFrog

Well, here's my latest purchase from a fellow Louisianian member of this board...via EL.

I took these pictures while in the decision phase. I was a bit concerned at the 36mm size of this watch as I am more used to my Submariners and Breitlings that are much bigger. At first glance, this thing is stunning...even if it does seem a bit small.

However, after a bit of wear, I realized that this thing is one of the most comfortable watches I've worn...it felt like it was part of my wrist. Then my buddy came over with his new Aspire white Navitimer, and his first response to this Rollie was: WOW...that's just the one I wanted. My fiancee was the next to see it and she said: Keep it. So, yes dear, I'm keeping it.

It's a beauty.

MAKE :Rolex

MODEL :18239

DIAL:Silver

MOVEMENT :Swiss ETA

DIMENSIONS :36mm

BACK :Solid W/Sticker

BRACELET :President

LOGO ON STRAP / CLASP :Yes

DATE INDICATOR :@3:00

DATE FONT COLOUR :Black On White

Pics out by the pool with the plastic still on...but, still looks nice:

65969-33767.jpg

65969-33768.jpg

65969-33769.jpg

65969-33770.jpg

65969-33771.jpg

Well, here's my latest purchase from a fellow Louisianian member of this board...via EL.

I took these pictures while in the decision phase. I was a bit concerned at the 36mm size of this watch as I am more used to my Submariners and Breitlings that are much bigger. At first glance, this thing is stunning...even if it does seem a bit small.

However, after a bit of wear, I realized that this thing is one of the most comfortable watches I've worn...it felt like it was part of my wrist. Then my buddy came over with his new Aspire white Navitimer, and his first response to this Rollie was: WOW...that's just the one I wanted. My fiancee was the next to see it and she said: Keep it. So, yes dear, I'm keeping it.

It's a beauty.

MAKE :Rolex

MODEL :18239

DIAL:Silver

MOVEMENT :Swiss ETA

DIMENSIONS :36mm

BACK :Solid W/Sticker

BRACELET :President

LOGO ON STRAP / CLASP :Yes

DATE INDICATOR :@3:00

DATE FONT COLOUR :Black On White

Pics out by the pool with the plastic still on...but, still looks nice:

65984-33759.jpg

65984-33760.jpg

65984-33761.jpg

65984-33762.jpg

65984-33763.jpg

Hy,

nice watch i think....

I like it...

RG Tribal

The "President" band has to be one of the most comfortable bands around! The diameter of the watch is much smaller but the design is classic!

My only hold up on these is the weight. Feels too light to be gen. I'm seriously considering the new Precious Time 14k two tone model D@te-Just though!

wear it well!

Jon :victory:

That is a nice one.

Closest I've had is a Datejust. The size didn't bother me (one of my favorites when I'm not Pamming is an Explorer I), but it had a Jubilee band, and that did bother me.

The President band is a whole lot nicer. Now if it just had a rolled rather than fluted bezel . . .