When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Cosmographs

ubiquitous

I enjoy my DW about 3-5 times a month to the very least (sometimes I wear it for 3 straight days!!) Never missed a beat for 11 months now...and the movement looks soooo crappy...

VJ23 can be bought for 300-400 usd, not a bad price to make it reliable.

Guest avitt

The basic timekeeping functionality of that DW movement is actually pretty impressive...very accurate, with an extremely long power reserve. The chrono section is, however, a disaster.

The basic timekeeping functionality of that DW movement is actually pretty impressive...very accurate, with an extremely long power reserve. The chrono section is, however, a disaster.

lol, my chrono runs just fine, resets properly and so on, but it doesnt keep time (stops frequently) funny, huh? =)

in what price range are those dials? below 100$ and over 50$?

Edited by slay

LMAO...

On one of mine, the chronos work perfect; time keeping is to +1 sec/day... Only problem is it slips when it winds!

mine slips also... I hope the stopping is just caused by some screw sitting too tight or whatsoever! other than that, the movement runs fine, but it pisses me off that it stops every day between 8-9 o'clocl :angry:

but it pisses me off that it stops every day between 8-9 o'clocl :angry:

Interesting. One of mine used to stop at exactly 7:55. It turned ot that the running seconds hand was bent slightly upward, and interfered with the hour hand at exactly that time. It got caught and stopped the movement. While doing a dial swap and case tube upgrade, I addressed the hands. It took several tries to get the correct, minimal clearance to the dial on the little subdial hands, but now there is no interference and all the hands are much flatter with respect to the dial. I have another one that has a problem with the chrono seconds hand clearance to the minute hand at 20 past the hour. I'll address that one when I do a dial swap (to a Singer dial) and case tube/crown upgrade on it this weekend.