When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats the deal with all the HBB being pulled off all the dealers sites?

wan

Lawyers for Hublot, scaring the Chinese Govt. "No Clispy duck fo you" :cc_chinese:

they scare them more then others? i would have thought the other big names would have tried this move before. But im just a newbie hoping to pick up my first two reps by the end of the year

From what I've read.. Hubolt from the CEO on down has been super aggressive in attacking the reps... more so than even Rollie...

Perhaps it has to do with the CEO accusing the rep sellers of showing pictures of a "gen" for their sales pitches... and being wrong.

And yes, they are still available... try emailing TWP, Josh, Andrew, PT.... just not easy to find on the dealer sites anymore...

Edited by OiRogers

Well, if you were the CEO of a company with one popular watch model and you were participating on the rep forums and came upon perfect replicas of your top watch for 1/10th the price wouldn't you be aggressive. :laugh:

On the lack of ceramics someone had posted that the original ceramic bezels were coming from the OEM supplier and they were caught by HBB when the CEO saw them here. I didn't know they were completely gone though. I thought dealers had simply taken the opportunity to mark up the reps.

The Big Bang reps are so good that Hublot likely realized that they had a big problem - why spend 10 to 20 K for the real thing when a really darn good facsimile is available for 1 K - I can hear Warren Zevon singing " ... send lawyers guns and money the siht has hit the fan ..." and I am sure J.C. Bivier could too.

If this is the beginning of the super rep period I am sure there will be more of this kind of action by the gen companies against the rep makers in the future.

The problem wasn't the HBB, it was the ceramic bezels that were being used on the reps that are identical to the gens. There's no question that in the contract Hublot has with whatever factory produces these bezels in Japan, there stipulates that these bezels are only to be produced for Hublot. Considering Hublot charges 800 bucks for a new one, the problem for them would seem obvious.

and I just want to add that I think, imnho, the real problem are like everyone said, the ceramic bezels.. but more info: The POLISHED ceramic bezels which defy description and whose quality cannot be captured by a camera

these are the main culprits of what seperates the HBB's from the rest

....I wonder though.. if the supply is gone for the genuine polished ceramic bezels

does this mean those HBB's with the highest quality ceramics is now "legendary" and rare much like the no-longer produced pieces such as: Fm Conq 2892 and more recently, Pam 177's..

basically, if you can't get them anymore.. does this mean the HBB's with the magnificent polished OEM ceramics (RG/Cer, Black Magic, Tulgas) have joined the rarified 'collector's level?

..hmm

basically, if you can't get them anymore.. does this mean the HBB's with the magnificent polished OEM ceramics (RG/Cer, Black Magic, Tulgas) have joined the rarified 'collector's level?

..hmm

Probably, will it be worth more than it was bought for is another question entirely.

Probably, will it be worth more than it was bought for is another question entirely.

Rare, yes. But I don't see a seller ever getting MORE for a rep than what he paid....the FM conqs...MAYBE....but most rep collectors look for a deal.....and won't ever shell out more for a rep than its original asking price.

my 2 cents

-_-

Well, some dealers still carry them publicly... You know, the cheapest ones :)

And you find them on iOffer too.

I have personally just noticed the absence on TT and PC sites.

Do you really think that Hublot has more means than the others to "scare" dealers ?

Interesting to know why.

Also, do you really think that their existence is threatened by reps ?