When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not Another Strap Inquiry

kenmasters

Hi folks,

I just picked up my first PAM (177H) and I'm looking for a better strap. Unfortunately I'm going to ship this watch back to get it fixed.. its running really fast for some reason. The PAMs look really nice. Nice AR that I didn't expect it to have. It's Asian Unitas but it looks like it has a swan neck dagger. The Ti Models are really light ! Too light ! But the brushed Ti makes it look more miltary like..

In the meantime, I wanted to order a strap for it. I seen some nice pics - V's signature has a nice brown strap. I don't know where to order these straps.. ('ve already PM'ed V who is away) and I don't really want to pay a whole lot for a single strap. I assume the straps don't come with Pam buckles, I'll just reuse the one i have.

Thanks,

:lol:

First, and foremost, check out ERWINNER'S 177h strap/buckle thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=297717

I hear strap culture straps are pretty good.. anyone sells them locally ? I'm in TO Canada. Cheaper from a dealer here ?

PM TWP. He sells them at a handsome discount, or at least used to. Haven't heard him mentioning SC in a while, and his 25% off discount thread is missing.

Some guys, like the wonderful Slai, love their StrapCulture straps.

I, however, dislike them a lot. The quality is abysmal -- cheap, tough Asian leather which pales in comparison to the Italian leathers. Buy the cool pirate buckle, and just swap it around better straps.

Oh and Kenmasters, I think I sent you a PM about straps some time ago, no? I don't think you replied, but perhaps I'm mistaken. If correct, I sent you a lengthy list of strap merchants to peruse.

Here's a handy cheat sheet of PAM straps:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showpos...amp;postcount=2

And check out the Daily Specials over at TC:

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

(The Siena Carbon Fibre strap I show in this weekend's Wristcheck is again on supersale, but only for the 26mm size)

What strap is Josh wearing here ?

HarrisonFord3.jpg

That's the OEM Coramid strap. You can get them at the Risti Accessories corner, below. They cost about $120, avg.

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/ (please change xx to tt)

Here's the Christmas-holidaying V wearing his in the beaches of Sardinia:

280428-716.jpg

I have a Coramid strap too, but I don't like it and rarely wear it. Doesn't suit my fairer skin.

Abt the Stallone Strap: No clue. Looks oddly like a Zulu/Military/NATO strap, which is not common for Panerai. Maybe someone has mentioned it before though. If I know him, since he's gone on record saying he loves Manifatture Firenze straps, I'd say it was one of theirs, perhaps the odd GrigioVerde.

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php/...at/65/idart/141

But they're not waterproof, so...anyway, MF straps are not cheap but they're fantastic.

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php/sel/3/rootcat/1

Dude

And welcome to the world of strap confusion and trial and improvement.

Having spent too much on to little for my 127 I finally found the DON

http://www.homestead.com/rlx/DON.html

Got myself an historic vintage wax from him and I will be going back for more.

Great quality and service. He shipped to me in Aus in no time at all and the strap is awsome. I will be posting some pics soon

I think he's actually based in Canada so it must be good

Enjoy

Whoa, too much choice !! :) I liked the black coramid one On Josh Harlett's wrist.. but close up that strap doesn't suit me.. If there is a black leather version of this strap, I may get that one..

Otherwise, this is the other strap that caught my eye... i think its a strap culture strap.. i think its a SC HM Legend II $109US with a 15% discount.. Looks crazy thick !

I like the tone of leather (brown with the white/grey stitching..) is there a strap like this that isn't so thick ? I like soft leather and my wrists are small 6.6", so what's the appropriate length.. I assume it may differ depending on how think the strap is ! This one comes in 135/90mm which sounds big, but appropriate for a strap of this thickness??

scpamstrapfk9.jpg

Edited by kenmasters

• 1 month later...
Whoa, too much choice !! :) I liked the black coramid one On Josh Harlett's wrist.. but close up that strap doesn't suit me.. If there is a black leather version of this strap, I may get that one..

Otherwise, this is the other strap that caught my eye... i think its a strap culture strap.. i think its a SC HM Legend II $109US with a 15% discount.. Looks crazy thick !

I like the tone of leather (brown with the white/grey stitching..) is there a strap like this that isn't so thick ? I like soft leather and my wrists are small 6.6", so what's the appropriate length.. I assume it may differ depending on how think the strap is ! This one comes in 135/90mm which sounds big, but appropriate for a strap of this thickness??

scpamstrapfk9.jpg

WOW that strap looks great I love the look thickness of it. I can't wait to get my Rep to put a nice thick band on it

scpamstrapfk9.jpg

This strap will be much too large for you. Also, if you want soft and thin, don't buy it.

For your wrist, I would look at 125/75 or possibly 130/80.

It depends on how far you want the short strap to wrap your wrist, where you want the buckle to be located and how much tail you want.

There are many affordable strap options if you search through the dealer sections of the rep forums. Also you can check the sale of used straps here or on gen sites.

There are also many lists of strap makers on rep and gen sites. I think once you start to buy nice straps you will realize that there is no "perfect" ONE strap. You will like to have many straps. So just buy what you think looks nice and don't stress on it. The later buy something else.

This strap will be much too large for you. Also, if you want soft and thin, don't buy it.

For your wrist, I would look at 125/75 or possibly 130/80.

It depends on how far you want the short strap to wrap your wrist, where you want the buckle to be located and how much tail you want.

I agree.. it will be too big for your wrist and too thick. Also SC straps are not soft.. they are very very nice looking but better for the big wristed guys.