When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received the Montblanc Timewalker RG Chrono.....

hiker01

Got this today:

MBTW1024.jpg

I'm so pisssed off at myself for missing the obvious.......I've been comparing the picture of this with the Gen picture,

before I ordered it, but I missed it!!! but now that I have it and compared it again with the gen picture, damn......I can't

believe that I missed it!

Why do rep makers make this stupid mistakes??????? And the back says stainless steel when the watch is a full ROSE GOLD!

Do you spot the mistake???

Do you spot the mistake???

I'm looking at the gen in the MB site, and I don't see a RG version available. However, the answer is so obvious I too am having difficulty spotting it.

Subdials look right. MontBlanc Automatic looks right. Hour markers, good. Date wheel, well-positioned. Nope, can't see it, HikeUSA.

That is one fine-looking watch though. There's a member who has one for sale (I believe it's Azerbyjam, he with the crappy gen MB pens :lol: ...they're actually great pens for that price), and I might just have to check that out.

The subdial hands don't look quite pointy enough.

But a more serious fault would be that according to the Mont Blanc site this color combination is not available for sale.

And on a more obvious note the luminous stripes on the hour and minute hands are waaaaay too thick.

but on a curious note are the lines between the "L - SWISS MADE - L" of unequal girth?

Hi Victoria and Corgi!!!

That's not it! You're both missing it! Believe it or not, this particular model on the latest TORNEAU CATALOG I received a month ago! Its on the fourth inside page from

the back!!! And you won't believe the number of dream beauties they have on this Catalog! Amazing!

Regardless of the glaring fault it's still a very good looking watch. Yes, the mistake is dissapointing, but I think if you consider the amount of people in the world who would actually notice... I doubt this will stop you from enjoying it.

Mont Blanc watches are something Iw ould never consider, but if I were to get one, this would be high on my list despite the mistake.

MBTW.jpg

This watch is really close except for this one major irritation!!!

I know what you're saying, but look at this one! From the Mont Blanc site itself:

mbtimewalkersg2.jpg

Only the most knowledgeable people could tell the difference, because this looks remarkably close to your watch. Yes, it's stupid how the factories re-use the SS cases for the gold versions, but this version isn't bad, so take heart, HikeUSA. :tu:

Did Mont Blanc make the rose gold/black combo in porevious years--maybe those dials say "Automaitic" and MB moved to "chronometer" this year?

Also--except for a very very few exceptions you can ALWAYS assume you're going to get the SS markings when you buy a gold rep unless the rep was only produced in gold. Sucks, but that's just how it's always been.

I did notice the Chronometer / Automatic thing looking at both watches closely (and before scrolling to the "solution" post) - but only after having bee alerted by your "... it so obvious..." remark. Don't let it bother you. This is a beautiful watch and I doubt that the average watch lover will notice....

Ah - yours says "automatic" instead of "chronometer".

All I can say is.. ouch.

On another note MB should really update their website.

TINGTINGTINGTING!!!!! You got it!!! Ain't that a [censored]! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd! It's a beautiful watch! If not for this stupid, stupid NON-attention to detail!

Drives me crazy!!!!! I guess I have to live with it....or maybe I should make a deal with the dealer now "that when they fix this stupiduty, I could send

my watch back and have it upgraded........

Edited by HikeUSA

I know what you're saying, but look at this one! From the Mont Blanc site itself:

mbtimewalkersg2.jpg

Only the most knowledgeable people could tell the difference, because this looks remarkably close to your watch. Yes, it's stupid how the factories re-use the SS cases for the gold versions, but this version isn't bad, so take heart, HikeUSA. :tu:

oH! Thats a nice one V! Now I feel a little better...........Thanks!

Not to pour salt in the wound, but I did post back at the end of Oct. about this watch:

"I'm looking at the 2007/08 catalog right now and this exact watch is on page 40. Well, mostly exact. It seems the black dial with AUTOMATIC only comes in a SS/Plat/WG/something silver case. The black dial in the gold case has the word CHRONOMETER instead. The rest of the dial is like the gen except for this wording."

You probably didn't see the thread. Besides the wording, it's a great watch. The people that know Mont Blanc watches are probably even less than those that know Panerai. Most people think the watch writes since it's a Mont Blanc.

Edited by bazonkers