When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Railmaster XXL - Am I too picky?

AndreasK

Hello Everyone,

I need your help,I want to know if I'm being too picky. I just received my Railmaster XXL and noticed a few flaws that are enough to bother me, but I want to know if I am expecting too much from these reps. The first problem is on the dial, specifically the lume on the 9 oclock marker, it looks as thought there is a few clumps of dirt in the lume:

DSC01347.jpg

The second is the Omega markings on the back of the movement. They are all crooked:

DSC01342.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics, but I don't have phote skills of many of the experts here. I appreciate everyones opinion here as this is an invaluable resource and I want to know if you think I should send this watch back and as for a replacement.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Andreas

Wow. Those are seriously crooked.

Better option than sending your watch back to the other side of the world is to remove the caseback and take off the letters by yourself. I suppose they're just glued. If you can live without them, that is... and then ask a discount for your next watch.

I recall that loose letters was a typical issue with this Railmaster.

• 4 weeks later...

No question. Send it back. No QC in some of these places. Bloody annoying, considering the added expense to return it + the additional wait time, all the while hoping you're going to get satisfaction this time around..Who sent you this?

Apart from production and design flaws, wrong sub-dial spacing,CG style, etc.,

flaws in assembly and poor workmanship really are not acceptable to the Western buyer of anything.

Prices are cheaper yes, but look at the tradeoff.

Our standards are certainly higher than some of the articles coming out of these Asian regions.

So what to do in your case?

1.Send it back ( more expense ) and wait.

2. Accept what is there and rectify the faults yourself , to your standard.

3. Tell the seller where the faults are, and ask for some consideration with your next purchase.

Its all dissapointing I know,but they are copies after all.

I would go for options 2.and 3.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I sent the watch back for "repairs" and the seller has already sent the watch back (in transit). I will wait to see how it comes back before making any judgments on service. I can understand that some flaws will make it throgh QC (if there really is any). I want to see if the sellers makes it right as I have bought several reps with no problems. I'll let you know how it comes back.

Regards,

Andreas