When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oops what strap to get for a coming new watch?

alant

Hi dear all especially those strap experts like Victoria, I'm expecting a rose gold Radiomir PAM231. So now I'm thinking what will be a good strap to match this watch, any good advice? I'm considering those gator straps too but wonder if black or brown will be a better match. And is it true gator straps tend to be thinner, they don't have those thick ones like 4mm and above? So far I have taken a look at straps being offered by Don, Strap Culture, Waccex, Timeconnection, Watch Boys, HK Tan and Savage. Of course it will be good to get a nice strap at a good deal, so any recommendations? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

I just sold a Swiss Pam 231 to Joey on a brand new OEM Panerai Black gator. The brown looks sweet, but I find the black gator goes better with a dark suit, especially since I'm usually wearing black shoes with my black and navy suits. :victory:

rose gold and chocolate brown is the way to go...love that combo...today I have been wearing the IWC St.Exupery in RG with the rep brown strap...the watch is gorgeus and the combo is great (I need to upgrade the strap cause the rep one is not the best quality)...

check the boney croc straps as well...IMHO that would be a killer combo!

I would suggest sort of all-in-one: a brown croco or gator strap w/ black and reddish nuances and rose gold stitching.

Something like this one:

94243-27654.jpg

... But wait HER for the best advice you can get.

Hi slai may I know is the PAV91 strap you were saying from MP? I went to check it out but don't have 26mm what a waste. And is the gator strap you show in the picture from the watch boys? Thanks.

Yeah, the MP PAV91. And yep, gator from TWB. Wow, I got lucky...I have a PAV91 in 26/26. Must've been one of the last ones .:D

Hi pals thanks for the feedback! Ummm looks like now I have a few to consider. Do keep the suggestions coming in so that I can know which will be a better match.

And dadog13 you mentioned about 'boney croc straps'. Are you referring to 'honey croc straps'? May I know where did you see a nice one so that I can go check it out too?

And sssurfer, you are right! Nice combo and suggestion! Wow by the way where can I find such a strap and the one you show in the picture?

And slai you are indeed very lucky, now left all the 24mm ones.

Thanks guys!

... But wait HER for the best advice you can get.

:blush:

Pressure, what pressure? :sweatdrop: Actually, I think Sssurfer and the guys took good care of you, Alant (I didn't see the thread but right now!). If you can stand a few more strap tips:

The new Mario Paci XIV, Biscotto (Biscuit, or Cookie)

p570581439.jpg

Europelli Oxblood Shell Cordovan w/ Khaki stitching OR Shell Cordovan Dark Cognac w/ Copper stitching:

ShellCordovanOxbloodKhaki26x26.jpg

ShellCordovanDarkCognacCopper26x26.jpg

Micah's Grand Caiman:

crocmicahmv6.jpg

And one I think will look TREMENDOUS with your watch, the OEM Bordeaux Gator (glossy):

15.jpg

These are all pricey ($120-200), BUT they are available sometimes on Daily Special (TC) or on the Risti Accessories corner. :)

where can I find such a strap and the one you show in the picture?

Good news: that is simply the strap that came with the watch, a common match to gold and rose-gold Radiomirs.

I just also dyed the stitching (originally white) with a Letraset ProMarker "gold" (which is actually more of a warm yellow) marker. Cost: a few dollars.

Just, after looking at the straps proposed by Vicky, it fades away...

Good news: that is simply the strap that came with the watch, a common match to gold and rose-gold Radiomirs.

I just also dyed the stitching (originally white) with a Letraset ProMarker "gold" (which is actually more of a warm yellow) marker. Cost: a few dollars.

:sss: I tried your tip about the Letraset markers the other day, but my local art shop (Pearl's) didn't carry them. So I'm going to search for the gold on eBay.

I had the bright idea of "sprucing up" a Dirk 5218 strap, with a silver marker, and I think I ruined it. :(

So I'm going to search for the gold on eBay.

Have a look here, Vicky. :)

And here, the gold one.

1.99 GBP.

P.S.: Vicky, you are too fast for me. Pls give me time to refine my posts! :lol:

Hi Victoria thanks for the generous selections! Wow you are really the lady to seek advice on straps! Hope you don't mind me asking you a few more questions... Oh yes I'm searching around for a nice gator strap that is 'reddish' and glossy but so far didn't managed to see any until you show me one in your pictures! Wow, may I know where to locate that 'OEM Bordeaux Gator (glossy)' strap that you mentioned? And for the 'Micah's Grand Caiman', may I also know where to find it? Moving on, you suggested going through the 'Daily Special (TC)', are you referring to Timeconnection site? And for 'Risti Accessories corner' where do I find it? Thanks a lot Victoria!

And sssurfer thanks for the creative touch! Wow you remind me of people painting the stitch yellow to match their AP EOD watch. I might just give it a try, it really looks nice too!

Hi Victoria thanks for the generous selections! Wow you are really the lady to seek advice on straps! Hope you don't mind me asking you a few more questions... Oh yes I'm searching around for a nice gator strap that is 'reddish' and glossy but so far didn't managed to see any until you show me one in your pictures! Wow, may I know where to locate that 'OEM Bordeaux Gator (glossy)' strap that you mentioned? And for the 'Micah's Grand Caiman', may I also know where to find it? Moving on, you suggested going through the 'Daily Special (TC)', are you referring to Timeconnection site? And for 'Risti Accessories corner' where do I find it? Thanks a lot Victoria!

No worries, Alant. I offer what I can on this forum with all my heart. :)

I am xxing out the urls, because we don't want trackbacks here with one exception.

General "Official" Straps Links: hxxp://www.paneristi.com/straps/index.html

Micah Dirksen: hxxp://www.vintagerstraps.com/

Europelli: hxxp://www.europelli.com/

TC Daily Specials: http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

Paneristi (Risti) Accessories Corner: hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/

The last one is where you will find the OEM Bordeaux Croc, both more matte finish and glossy. You have to search around though.

Another option for the OEMs are actually contacting a Panerai boutique, to see where you can buy one. It's very pricey that way though ($300-400 +).

Good luck, and PM if you need any other tips!

Hi Victoria, I have done a quick search through the risti corner and managed to find the guy selling the exact croc strap as shown in your picture. But what a waste its 24mm and not 26mm so it can't fit the Radiomir watch. Guess will have to spend more time searching...

In the meantime, guys and gals any more recommendations? Thanks.

thks victoria.....you just made wanna spend some $155 more....:) I went to one of the sites you had on your post and I just fell in love with this beauty...

hxxp://www.vintagerstraps.com/zstraphtml/brin.html

now, when will I buy it...probably after new year....oh my....and I still haven't recieved my first PAM (not fault of TWP, who's been a joy to deal with) and already bought a strap and thinking of a new one....this is indeed a sickening habit...lol...

Wow now quite a few straps to choose from but it seems that I'm more into the gator straps unless I can't a suitable one. I'm still trying hard to find something like the one shown in the picture below which Victoria has posted. Unfortunately the one shown in the picture is 24mm so not suitable. If anyone knows where to find this do let me know. In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming in so that I can have some other options. Thanks & have a nice weekend!

OEMBordeauxGator.jpg

Hi guys & gals I saw some threads mentioning about Bob straps, may I know what's the website to locate Bob straps if any? Thanks. Haha I'm still hunting for a nice gator strap... not easy to find...

No worries, Alant. I'm delighted to be able to help out someone, considering RWG is near-abouts dead. :p

First, the forum section. Bob straps from Christian.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=71

Second, Fleabay's Bob strap merchant, Markus (an exceptionally nice guy), Christian's partner.

http://stores.ebay.com/WACCEX-SHOP

Third, the actual Waccex website for Bob straps:

http://www.waccex.de/catalog/

Markus' gator straps will run you about $50.00 not including shipping.

Did I give you this site already?

http://www.internationalwatchman.com/home.html

It's got crocodile (without ridges) straps dead cheap for $35.00.

My favourite cheapish gator/croc strap are Don's:

pam112doncrocyachtnu1.jpg

http://rlx.homestead.com/don6.html

...information overload, but worth it. Good luck. ;)