When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Importing Cars from US to UK

TeeJay

I wish someone would take a Beretta and shoot half the fargin' idiots on these boards...that come up with idiotic notions based on a movie.....Dad...Dad.....I wanna Bumblebee car.....awww.....please Dad......c;mon....Dad....I'll be good I promise.....!

Festive greetings to one and all....!

Well, you're not talking about me, as I'm not asking my dad to buy me one :lol:

For what it's worth, whatever car I bought, be it a BMW, Camaro, or a Skyline, they would all wind up getting converted (by me) into a replica of a car that was someway related to a movie or video game, as I am a collector of all kinds of movie memorabelia, and a car would be a logical inclusion for that collection.

If anyone has (or knows where I can get) one of the Kim Cattrall mannequins (from the movie of the same name) that is also something I want to add to the collection. As long as that meets with TTKs approval, of course.

Festive greetings and bah humbugs as appropriate :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, whatever car I bought, be it a BMW, Camaro, or a Skyline, they would all wind up getting converted (by me) into a replica of a car that was someway related to a movie or video game, as I am a collector of all kinds of movie memorabelia, and a car would be a logical inclusion for that collection

You need a hobby son....or a burd.....one or the other.....!

Edited by TTK

You need a hobby son....or a burd.....one or the other.....!

I have a hobby - Collecting movie memorabelia. I have a 'burd' too, thanks. Maybe you're the one who needs a new hobby or a trade-in on your 'burd', if ragging people on an online forum is the best you're getting on a sunday afternoon. :lol:

'Ragging'.....I haven't started yet son....send me an order in the New Year...and I'll send you some 'free' stick on bullet holes and a dashboard Christmas tree for Bumblebee .....LMAO...!

'Ragging'.....I haven't started yet son....send me an order in the New Year...and I'll send you some 'free' stick on bullet holes and a dashboard Christmas tree for Bumblebee .....LMAO...!

Awesome, I'd much rather a dico-ball and Bee-otch airfreshener though, TIA :)

2.5 inch diameter, please.

Why....whatcha gonna do....keep your personality in it....'cos it sure ain;t big enuff fer yer imagination kiddo....?

Edited by TTK

Buying POS replica of a watch seen in a James Bond movie: ok

Modding POS replica of a watch seen in a Stallone movie: ok

Buying a real model of a ride seen in a POS movie: not ok

Modding real model of said ride: not ok

'Tis the Season To Be Silly, Tra-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la....

Buying POS replica of a watch seen in a James Bond movie: ok

Modding POS replica of a watch seen in a Stallone movie: ok

Buying a real model of a ride seen in a POS movie: not ok

Modding real model of said ride: not ok

'Tis the Season To Be Silly, Tra-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la....

No one's forcing you to ride in it ;)

Ugh, what a downer. Sorry about the turn of the thread, TeeJay. It's like you can't talk about anything here anymore.

Anyway, if you need anything from Miami, let me know. Let's see if I can do better with cars, than I can with straps.

As Ned Kelly said, "Such is life..."

Thanks. When the time comes and I have the cash, if you could start gathering classified ads from the local papers, that would be great :)

hey TJ back to cars, this one is not far from me but is not cheep but 90% what you want

That's an awesome find, and indeed, very close to what I want. I was prepared to re-spray the entire car, but just color-matching the hood would definitely be easier. Now all I need is the cash for it :lol: This is a long-term project, so all in good time :)

From experience with bikes, anything is possible, just what it cost some times makes it hard to obtain. just look at what Chip Foose does, but it costs for the know how for some one to do it for you. When i build a bike i work out what i want and then learn to do it, i do every thing except paint.

From experience with bikes, anything is possible, just what it cost some times makes it hard to obtain. just look at what Chip Foose does, but it costs for the know how for some one to do it for you. When i build a bike i work out what i want and then learn to do it, i do every thing except paint.

This is very true. Foose is one of my artistic heroes, and I really admire his work. The only thing I'm thinking, with the paint, would be accurately re-creating the appearance of a 30+ year old paint job, rather than just slapping a 'pristine' coat of paint on a less than pristine body ;) I'm sure the project will work itself out somehow :)

I have been following this thread, and admire your upbeat approach TeeJay. Go for it!

Personally (having had an awsomely unforgettable ride in one) I woud opt for the earlier shark nosed Z28 (if cash were no object)! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement :) If it was a case of simply 'getting the best car', then I most likely would :lol: I read an article about the movie cars, where it was commented that the 76 was actually the worst year for a Camaro, so from that point of view, I'd think better to look elsewhere, but, as my aim is to replicate the production car, it's a case of making it 'like it was'. The car I'd most be interested in driving, would be the 2009 Camaro Concept rep they made, which was really just a Pontiac GTO, with a shell of a body grafted onto the chassis. I knew that the 'rims' were fakes, and really just 'hubcaps' (if you look at a good quality pic of the wheel, check out the brake discs... No brake callipers :lol: ) But apparently, even the windows were non-functioning plexiglass, and what should have been 'soft-touch' interior, was just smooth plastic. In terms of a project, that car really does interest me, way more than the 76, which, other than a few cosmetic alterations, was pretty much a stock car, but the other, definitely comes under the catagory of a 'kit car', so immediately more interesting. Of course, chances of me getting the cash for one of those, short of selling my kidneys, is unlikely, so I've got to have a realistic goal ;) (The bee-otch air fresheners are already on order :lol: )

Edited by TeeJay

Or one installed for every time you call her on it? C'mon dude, there's just no need for bringing that to a thread I started to get advice on importing cars... It's supposed to be the season for goodwill and all that...

Happy New Year to you!

PS. I do wish sometimes that you'd take your one-to-one conversations that you and Vikki have in open threads over to PM though. The request for classifieds being a prime example.... <_<

[flameproofing] PPS. This is not a personal attack - just some advice to avoid the clutter that gathers, so please don't try interpret it as one. [/flameproofing]

I wish someone would take a Beretta and shoot half the fargin' idiots on these boards...that come up with idiotic notions based on a movie.....Dad...Dad.....I wanna Bumblebee car.....awww.....please Dad......c;mon....Dad....I'll be good I promise.....!

Festive greetings to one and all....!

Happy New Year to you!

PS. I do wish sometimes that you'd take your one-to-one conversations that you and Vikki have in open threads over to PM though. The request for classifieds being a prime example.... <_<

[flameproofing] PPS. This is not a personal attack - just some advice to avoid the clutter that gathers, so please don't try interpret it as one. [/flameproofing]

What you guys need is a nice quiet place where you can jerk each other off to your hearts' content without having to tolerate clutter posted by people you don't appreciate - instead of coming here and crapping all over their threads.

/festive greetings & flameproofing, my left bun.