When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 from year 2000 (Genuine)

Stephane

Congrats Stephanie !!! And welcome to the Gen Rollie club !!!!!! I now own two Panie reps the Ultimate Arktos (which is currently going in for the customery Lumeing) and the Pam 253 and although I love and appreciate both very much there is simply no comparison with my 4 genuine Rolexes, each purchased new from an authorized dealer. For my newest purchased in October I looked at the Seadweller but settled on the Kermit LV 50th sub. Hard choice couldn't go wrong either way!!! But my faves are my Yachtmaster Rolesium, My new GMT Ceramic SS and prob the most striking my 2 tone sub!!! Something pretty satisfying about having your name on the paper or now credit card. The craftsmanship is undisputable !!! Your pics and review are better than anything Ive seen on timezone !!! I am sure they would be very well appreciated in the Modern Rolex forum there.

Happy New Year!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a neat pic of three of my four babies, gotta use some of Pug's tips to take a nice pic of the Kermit

post-9972-1199245487_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Guys.

Oh, a 1.000 Modded will not fool the remaining 1% for sure but it will almost fool myself :ohmy:

I don't know for you guys but this hobby is mainly for fun not to fool experts out there.

@Tanya: now you make us all jalous with your brand new GMT!

@Lonnie: yes, me too, and the cg are perfectly shaved...in Rolex's manufacture :laugh:

- putting back the end link between the lugs: I do it with my nail. No tool is needed. You hear the click right away, no need to shake the thing between the lugs and hope it will click. It's straight.

Stephane

That must be a Swiss Rolex... :D

Wear it well Stephane!!! Great acquisition!

What kind of camera did you use to take those spectacular photos??

Very nice writeup. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :prop: And congrats on finally acquiring your dream watch... I just knew some of your SD photos in previous posts were too good to be a SSD. Make sure you regrease that case back O-ring when you reinstall the case back. :)

• 3 months later...
Btw, seriously why is the crown in clasp looks so crappy like rep, i mean was that highly polished or 2000yr sea-dwellers like that? I want to learn, compare it with mine

ps: cmon, its a rep clasp right? ^^

Hey Iceberg,

You are right. We're all wanting to learn and I am also wanting to learn.

Has the watche been polished ? Yes, of course.

Will I, as a second owner polish it? No of course even if the clasp is already full of desk diving scratches now.

I have no idea why you really want my clasp to be a rep but I will point you to some facts:

1. Never trust a photo on the internet: it might be the angle showing something differently.

2. Why question a long term seller, and believe me the guy I bought this SD from is an expert and serious collector.

The watch comes from Amsterdam's most famous authorized dealer.

3. The crown on the clasp: here under is a better huge picture for you.

4. The pin in the clasp (the one to adjust the size) has a cavity to receive the genuine Rolex tool rounded end to avoid scratches when sizing. That is never seen on a rep clasp.

Here under is a better huge picture for you.

Finally: if I was a scaming seller, I would have put a [censored] movement in the watch instead of replacing a 200$ clasp by a 40$ one...

Does this makes sence now or you still want me to say it's a rep?

Cheers

Stephane

My16600_56B.jpg

My16600_57B.jpg