When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster / Date

lanikai

What have we been waiting for?? :rolleyes:

YES !!! the correct spacing in the sub dials for the Omega Speedmaster :Jumpy:

on it's way to Hawaii .... the first chrono Omega with the correct spacing in the subs !!!!

this one is looking incredibly great compared to the genuine Speedmaster Date model .. (please be right ) :brow:

now the wait begins

post-2172-1199245816_thumb.jpg

bet's down please... giving odds ??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

arrrrgh. you're killing me....tell us...tell us. :(

the replicated watch itself will do the telling... if the rep ordered is what it is supposed to be then .... nuff said

I wouldn't say that it is 100% a sure thing until I see with my own eyes the product... better safe than sorry.. don't you think ???

just excited about the possibility.....Finally ... i am confidant but would not want others to take the jump until I am 110% positive,

As alway's I will post a "preview" instead of the full blown review that I am still apprenticing the review aspect of the board.. as I learn then i will add to my Previews... i will not put the "review" label on my posts of new releases until such time where I can do justice to this forum and it's members..after all I don't want to misinform members by thinking that all i have to do is post pics and call it a "review"

lani

edit add on: Just want to make sure this rep will be worth the money.. cause it's your money not mine.. mine is buying the rep that will be posted... it looks good from the email i got but lets wait a week and then "we" will see..... i mean this sincerely . just a little excited .. we all have been waiting for the right spacings..

Thanks for the model chart PZ.

This looks really nice combo, but is it a fantasy model? Blue dial and red subdial hands, hmm...

1.jpg

This is rather unusual, but very, very nice. Are the dials really blue, or is it just the pics?

The model chart shows these versions only in black.

20.jpg

OK to the all black rep:

I see: - serial no engraved on lugs, pin bracelet. So far so good

But thinks I question are:

- AR on crystal?

- saphire? domed? :) We will soon see.

In terms of looks I still prefer the Moonwatch Speedmaster... but in rep world you buy the accurate reps and not the beautiful watches :D

BT I think the dial is black.

And it imitates this gen:

32105100.gif

Even the all black standard gen seems to look blue. Maybe some "AR" - the gen has AR too

post-2172-1199302170_thumb.jpg

This is "one" of the versions I have due to arrive...." Laquered White Red Vintage Omega Logo" .. it is the only SS as the other models are Steel .. i believe

@ BT... YES.. my initial knee jerk reaction.. was.. WAY COOL.....

the pics from the collectors site is made to show the AR ... (it is supposed to be double AR from the Rep makers.). as the genuie is ar'd so what appears to be blue dials is in actuality Black

The white with black sub dials will be arriving also..

the Black with silver dials is the new colour launch by Omega and will be also on the Deville model if I am not mistaken

there are 5 dials available .. if I remember being told correctly ... this is all that will be available:

Black...steel

Silver...steel

White/blk subs...steel

Black/wht subs..steel

Laquered White Red Vint. Omega Logo..,SS

But it could also be a marketing strategy and different models ie. TT, Blue dial etc... will be released when this stock is depleted... that is just my opinion if I were selling it ... so I would be "compelled" in my "own" mind to buy again.. :bounce:

As far as price... email your collectors I don't like to quote from different dealers sites.. but to me it's a break from the costant 300 usd range :D

Again,. i will post a "preview" when i recieve them.. (still apprenticing at learning the details and fine points of "Reviewing").. let's leave the Review to members such as BT ... but look for the preview as a journeyman .. i will attempt.. an apprentice "preview"

I ran across this watch last night looking at jmryshi's site on ebay. Buy it now for $2195 (gen of course, lightly used)

http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SPEEDMASTER-NEW-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Item #220186178142 if the link doesn't work.

It looks to me like an Omega modified 7750- it's referred to as an cal. Omega 1164. Omega cal. 1151 is a Valjoux 7751- automatic triple date. This new one looks like the standard 7750 layout to me. And that would make getting the subdial spacing right a whole lot easier!

Kinda like the Tag Heuers which also use the 7750 in the new Carrera chronos- great to rep.

Oh now I see :)

Thank you.

When do you expect the rep to arrive?

I really want to order mine too ;)

No worries... wishful thinking would be Saturday.. realistically,.. Monday, as express does not a lot of times consider Saturday a business day.. so even if it is released from customs on friday morning it will sit throughout the weekend.. but I can alway's HOPE :lol:

the face is different than my gen, the subdials numbers are different and it should only be Omega Speedmaster Automatic. There may be more than one version though.

3513-30-00.jpg

post-2172-1199322150_thumb.jpg

I am repeating myself .. but let's 'wait" and SEE.. instead of starting a debate without the said product for comparison.. the pic above comes from the Genuine Omega site.. your pic looks nothing like the genuine pic, in fact it looks like it may be off of a very bad site either claiming to be genuine or a bad "fake".. (sub dial font).. the pics of the rep looks very close if not spot on to the genuine "drawing" ( as far as sub dial font).. genuine sites are moving away from the actual watch (pics) they do IMHO shade the drawings a little off the actual piece .. seems like they do this purposely to give a little misdirection..that is why certain collectors are purchasing more genuine watches and having them torn apart for replication.. that (IMHO) does not mean that we will get super reps .. but it is closer to copying a drawing or picture of said watch... edit: I stand corrected.. the pic "is" of an older model speedmaster date (posted by kpdii) ergo dials have changed..

So,.. before anyone goes crying "wolf".. let's .... "hurry up and wait" ;)

Small updates for those who did not get the spam :D

http://www.pc-80108.com/omsp01001-speedmas...bph-p-4039.html

http://www.pc-80108.com/omsp01002-speedmas...800-p-4035.html

http://www.pc-80108.com/omsp01003-speedmas...750-p-4040.html

http://www.pc-80108.com/omsp01004-speedmas...bph-p-4038.html

http://www.pc-80108.com/omsp01005-speedmas...880-p-4036.html

----

Hi,

Yes.. It is dome like the genuine... The genuine is the omsp01003.. 2 colour subdial model..

Go for this one... Very pretty watch...

Thanks

Joshua

-----Original Message-----

Speedmaster Date 3210.50.00

Is the Crystal curved like the gen?

Which gen was bought so which dial would be then the most accurate?

Edited by piratedzeus

A very pretty watch. I have wondered whay they have not repped this earlier... Maybe because it beeing the cheapest Speedmaster, it does not have the same flair as the Broad Arrow or the original Speedie?

Judging by the pictures, it seems like the Asian datefont is pretty close to the original. The "8" looks rounded like in the reps. Does Omega not use the ETA-datewheel in this one?

Tood bad the number on the reps rotor seems to be incorrect. The calibre 3303 is the tri-compax movement used in the Broad Arrow model... I cant get that to fit with the calibre 1164 used in the Speedmaster Date.. But, of course this is nitpicking.

By the way; It is not the first Omega rep with correct sub dial spacing. The Seamaster "Bond" chronograph uses the same basic 7750 layout. :smile: