When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Ingenieur Chronograph

yellomen

Hi guys

Here are some quick shots i took of my beloved IWC Ingenieur Chronograph. This watch and i had a difficult start as the power reserve was not enough to keep running when it was on my wrist at night, so i had to sent it back and forth to Eddie Lee's service guy in China several times. But in the end the power reserve is excellent, the chrono runs perfect and it's only off by some seconds a day. So patience (and some frustration) payed off and i still thank Eddie for not giving up on this one :good:

So when i was finally convinced that it was running properly i popped out the crystal and sent it over to Chieftang for a double AR coating and while the crystal was gone i was able to buy a new model box for it on the bay.

And here's my baby :sun:

IWC-Ingenieur-chrono-01.gif

IWC-Ingenieur-chrono-02.gif

IWC-Ingenieur-chrono-03.gif

IWC-Ingenieur-chrono-04.gif

IWC-Ingenieur-chrono-05.gif

IWC-Ingenieur-chrono-06.gif

You must of had it a while since EL is no longer in circulation.

Bought it a little over a year ago from Eddie... and sending it back and forth lasted at least 6 months. So indeed i had it for quite some time... but i started enjoying it after it was serviced properly... and now i am enjoying it to the fullest!! The AR makes the watch spectacular :thumbsup:

I also had both my regular Ingenieur and my VCO AR coated and i'm loving the results!!

@Chief... thanx man!

I have the same watch and the crystal is with Chieftang for double coating, I acutally still kinda nervous about the running 6, it stopped once and then started all over again... Do you know what exactly was fixed on your watch? Had another AMG TI and died on me too... same movement. besides that I love it so much... wear it well.

Thanx guys for you nice words :smile:

@maxmsu... i have no idea what they fixed. One things made me kind of nervous... when i put the watch together again it had a lower power reserve again... fortunately a friend told me to take the extra ring out of the caseback as this might rub against the rotor. He was right... i removed the ring and power reserve is good again.

I have the same watch and the crystal is with Chieftang for double coating, I acutally still kinda nervous about the running 6, it stopped once and then started all over again... Do you know what exactly was fixed on your watch? Had another AMG TI and died on me too... same movement. besides that I love it so much... wear it well.

Is this the "new" 28.8 movement having these problems?

Is this the "new" 28.8 movement having these problems?

I think (but i'm not sure) that the problem isn't the movement, weather it's the older 7750 or the newer 28.8 7750. The problem is in the module that makes the second run at 6. I also think this problem is for all the IWC watches with running seconds at 6 like the Portuguese chrono and this Ingenieur chrono.

Maybe i was lucky... or they finally cleaned it.

I think Ziggy made some posts about this movement/module.

:good:

Thanx again for your kind words... i must add that these pictures don't do the watch justice. It is such an awesome piece!

@Stephane... this afternoon the package will finally go to the PO

@Les... yep... it would be great to have a few brewskies together again and maybe finish with a decent single malt and a cigar.

It looks amazing, congrats.

The problem is not the fact it's a Asian 7750, but that it has running seconds at 6. I have had ETA 7750 powered Daytona's in the shop (remember these $1K models), with running seconds at 6, and I have had to remove the extra gears to make them work. The problem has been, and continues to be, the design of the seconds transfer and the 5 transfer gears, and the no jewelling, the friction etc...

Glad to hear yours got sorted out.

RG

Don't forget to add this IWC :rofl:

Oops... too late... :laugh:

@Rob... i don't know what they pulled of but it runs very well now. There is also the caseback and presure-ring that might presure too much on the movement or rotor and that could aso influence the power reserve.