When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I being too anal?

mjmurphy926

I just received my SMP chrono from Andrew. Overall I'm very happy with the watch. However, there is a small dent on one of the SELs. In some light it's hardly noticeable, but in other light it's very noticeable. It was the first thing I noticed when I unwrapped the watch.

I've emailed Andrew asking if he would swap out a new bracelet if I sent him this one. So far, he has just laughed it off saying it's "SO SMALL".

Am I asking too much? What would you do? Would you live with it, or ask for replacement?

Thanks,

Mike

I had trouble capturing the dent it in a picture. It does look pretty small in this shot.

IMG_7703_small.jpg

I think if that is the only flaw you can spot, you have done very well :)

Most times when buying a rep you will get a few problems or issues, at least that is how it has been for me. If that tiny mark is the only problem with the watch, you should count yourself lucky

Like piratedzeus says, it could probably be buffed out with care.

Cheers! :D

If it were me, and the watch in general was good (tells time, chronos work and reset, good dial, no loose parts, etc.), I'd live with it. Its a real hassle to send one back for a replacement. Especially considering that the replacement may have more serious issues than just a small ding.

Cheers B)

The dent looks light. It could be fixed easily. If you don't have the tools and are in the US, I would gladly do it for you. In any case, if everything else is right about the watch, I would not return it. If it really bothers you, I would try to buy another bracelet from Andrew. I am sure he would discount it for you.

The dent looks light. It could be fixed easily. If you don't have the tools and are in the US, I would gladly do it for you. In any case, if everything else is right about the watch, I would not return it. If it really bothers you, I would try to buy another bracelet from Andrew. I am sure he would discount it for you.

Marty,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll try. If I ruin it, I'll buy another bracelet.

Thanks again.

The SMP I got has a slightly misaligned pearl and bezel. Overall yours looks great, and just remember that if you wear it like a rep should be worn, you'll probably scratch or dent it anyway.

This really is a great rep, FAR better than the standard SMP and black SMP chrono I have. It just feels so darn real.

Do like I do... look at it long and hard... then come back to it often, and look at it again :brow: ... trick it by waiting awhile, then hurry back and give it a real mean stare for a long time :angry: ,.................when your over obsessing about it (not that I do that) .. by then you will have another ding :o

so better get yourself a brush pen now.. to take out scratches from the brushed area only of the watch and bracelet (ebay ..watch boys),.... a pen eraser will do it also..... get a dremel, polishing felt wheel, and metal polish or red rouge to take out scratches from the polished area of the watch..

Now that you are armed and ready for any intrusion...

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL