When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New midsize Seamaster Pros

keiron99

I've always reluctantly accepted that I'd never get a Semaster Pro because it's too big for my little wrists and to date, have never seen reps of the midsize models.

However, I've noticed in the last week or so that what appear to be very good quality midsize models are popping up on ioffer and CQout. Heck they even have the correct valve placement! Attached is an example (Lot 3300299 on CQout, but available for less on ioffer)

I realise they aren't as "fashionable" amongst many on rep forums where big is in! However, does anyone have any comments or experience on these models, or perhaps just a keener eye than me that can pick up any obvious flaws?

post-2993-1199542344_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiron99

I want to say the pearl gives it away that it's a rep, but not sure due the pic lighting. Keep in mind, on IOffer and CQOut, many sellers post pics of gens.

Yes, it does seem a little low. The wording of the text is incorrect compared to the gen on the Omega site too - in fact it seems to be completely wrong; also, the gen appears to have a tiny little marker next to the date whereas the rep doesn't. So, these flaws seem to indicate the pic is of the rep rather than gen. All in all, not too shabby though.

(Edit: compared to other pics of gens on the web, this rep seems entirely accurate!)

Edited by keiron99

E****watches.

I bought my SMP pro full size from this seller, he is reliable.

Good com, very fast and honest.

I told him that I never saw a perfect centred pearl like the one he shows in his pics, he answered me it was only for the pic.

Honest no?

I received a very good rep, same as the best one of our sellers!

I was ready to buy his "boy size" and had a long chat with him, the medium size is as you said more accurate for Hev and pearl.

On the genuine medium, the pearl is not centred in the triangle not the same for the full size...

The bad point is the caseback which is really bad!

I don't know whether you are referring to the case back on the midsize or not because to my eye the rep and the gen look absolutely identical!

I'm talking about my full size from this seller, the design of the horse on the case back is so bad that I'm tracking another one.

Except that, the rep is good.

I think the plastic wrapping on the bracelet suggests that it is indeed a rep - unless of course gens come like that too. I'm sadly not in a position to confirm that!

Here are pics of the gen and the rep we are looking.

The crown is to little , the pearl not accurate and the insert is misaligned.

Have a look too to the hour hand length...

It's definitely a rep, not bad at all.

post-8918-1199725353_thumb.jpg

Edited by antomarty