When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage 1665 Basic Noob Question

casus1belli

Guys,

Search button is worn out, I have more saved HTML pages than I care to admit. I have to resort to the Rep Gods here. :lol:

1. Are the vintage NON MBW 1665's offered by most dealers, the correct thickness or is the MBW the only accurate case thickness? (height)

2. What is the correct method to measure a case height, does it include the back case and bezel?

Lastly, wanted to thank all for any and all responses, I have been a lurker here for quite some time, wanted to do my homework before wasting anyones time.

Respectfully,

Casus1belli

Edited by TwoTone

The only 1665 available to us mere mortals with the correct thick case is the MBW. There is a big difference. The other reps use a much thinner case which would be more appropriate for the 1680.

Measure a case depending on the gen measurement(s) your are comparing them to.

The new mbw 1665 copy is supposed to the be the proper thickness and dimensions and copied directly from an actual MBW case... the only thing that looks funny to me is the conical rehaut which is incorrect. I would have to see one in person and compare it to my MBW 1665 franken side by side. IF the case is correct then it would be a much cheaper starting point for franken (adding gen parts and or movement) builders.

Buy the real MBW. They're not that difficult to get and are definitely worth the extra $$$. Non MBW are toys. MBW's are watches.

Diesalpower and all who replied, thank you very much. I know it i was a simple question, but I had to ask. Now besides TTK and Paso on RG, where can I turn to procure this holy grail?

I know they pop up from time to time here (scarce) and If I only knew now what I didn't know in April when I was in Bangkok. :o

L-DRIZZLE, I've been silently drooling over your watches for months now, it is cruel that you have more than one brother! :lol:

Some people can say that full moded MBWs are toys if compared to the real deal!

I have seen and handled genuine 1665 (both DRSD and GW's) on several occasions and for me the difference compared to a good modded MBW is next to nothing... except the movement. So if you really wanna do it right you also put in a genuine caliber 1575.

The case of an MBW is as close as it can be for more or less decent prices. There are better cases but than you must be prepared to pay $1200,- or more.