When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What does Heston Blumenthal wear?

slai

TTK is always right.....even Chuck Norris turns to TTK for advice...AND buys all his watches from me......watches that can't be discussed on an open forum...or Chuck will have to come kill ya'.....!

Edited by TTK

TTK is always right.....even Chuck Norris turns to TTK for advice...AND buys all his watches from me......watches that can't be discussed on an open forum...or Chuck will have to come kill ya'.....!

Kinda like the mickey mouse watch with little mickey arms right ? Except instead of Mickey, Chuck is printed on the dial and the hour and minute hands look like little legs doing round house kicks.

RWG14 classified.

Correction, 2 Cosi Grandes. In the same episode too. :lol:

Hmmm.

Do you remember my Lidia Bastinich post? It had all kinds of watches worn by telly chefs.

There is some odd little nexus between those who cook, and those who like watches.

You just don't see musicians or other artists into watches as much as chefs. Even Tony Bourdain, whose new season debuted this week, was wearing a new Breitling. And in the same episode, another watch suspiciously like the Ebel Tarawa too...

I tried a Cosi Grande on over the weekend...me likey. :D

How much costie?

Victoria, finally got around to watching the last no reservations - Tony Bourdain is still wearing a Tag. He even mentions it when he's joking about celebrity endorsements.

Wow, are you serious? Ah well. He seemed to wear a very elegant, Patek-looking watch and then a chunkier than usual, which I thought was a Breitling, in his season debut. Bah.

What did you think of his presentation in general?

I like Bourdain, but he tries too hard to be cool.

I like Bourdain, but he tries too hard to be cool.

I like Bourdain a lot. He's a lot more "real" to me than most chefs on TV. Thoroughly enjoyed all his books too. It's also great to see when he's around some really great chefs like Ferran Adria. He turns into an 8 year old on best behaviour with his arms in front of him and a humble smile.

The Cosi Grande GMT that Heston was about 3k CAD. Not unreasonably expensive at all.

I like Bourdain a lot. He's a lot more "real" to me than most chefs on TV. Thoroughly enjoyed all his books too. It's also great to see when he's around some really great chefs like Ferran Adria. He turns into an 8 year old on best behaviour with his arms in front of him and a humble smile.

True. Good description! As I said, I like him but the personality you find more "real", I find annoyingly too-cool-for-this-show-like. Since these kinds of shows are more about eating, than being chefs, I am going solely on personality and not about talent as a chef, mind.

However, he's the guest chef at the Coral Gables' Les Halles, down here. He's fairly often to be seen outside the restaurant, dressed in civvies taking a nervous drag of his cigarette, talking only to the chic'est, youngest people.

The Cosi Grande GMT that Heston was about 3k CAD. Not unreasonably expensive at all.

Wow, seriously? That's certainly "do-able". :victory: