When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A member advertising about our hobby in public.

Masticore

Just playing with the same cards as they do.

Im offended, of course i act different than if i were'nt offended.

I will be the first to say Welcome!

Please understand that it is upsetting when attention is drawn to the forum. I hope you will become a part of the community and help us keep our hobby somewhat secret. If you agree we should try to not draw too much attention then I am everyone will join in and welcome you here.

Your friend,

JohnG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im willing to bet, all major players in the watch manu' game know we exist, they have teams that deal with this sort of thing. monitor these kinds of things. sure a few postings like done by mimmosa probably is unnecessary at best, but i dont think itll be the down fall of this hobby. lets face, if someone wanted to find this place 10 seconds with google will do the trick... i should know, thats how i came to land here 6months back. look at the bigger issue here, lesson, learnt and move on. now lets focus our attention on the 500lbs elephant in the corner named 'google', cause this thread is getting old and redundant.

information is too easy to find, someone posting a couple times on an outside msg board, albeit not on par with our standards or in our best interest, is the least of our worries...

posting here there or anywhere doesnt make a difference when the thing linking us to the outside world is developed to do just that, and its purpose is to search, the internet is designed as a public place and search engines connect it all.

moreover i dont know why (although an informative idea and i like it) the rwg splash page will soon feature "info baout replica watches" this surely doesnt help our current problem. it begs to be spidered by google and then seeked out by all sorts of people dabbling for the first time. before buying anything i research it, and someone typing info about, or how to buy, or what to look for will surely find this place that much more easier. this forum will rise to the top search result and be used for the current inside information and to keep tabs on dealers by all sorts of PIs working for these companies. the forum is safe... but it carries consequences for existing. rwg and repgeek may already share the no.1 search result spot, and i would be willing to bet the wrong people already know it exists. it may not be too late however.

if we exist to help everybody we cant operate covertly but we also cant operate openly, then we surely cant help every body. if were not on google no one will find it and [censored] away $1000s on bad over priced reps, then what is our mission statement? if we exist to help we have to remain public and open, but know that this WILL if not already lead to the wrong people knowing our existence and reading up for the purpose of keeping tabs on what their paid to keep tabs on. the only way to hide barely is to go full login mode instead of allowing guests to browse, this should of been in place prior. even this wont prevent people from finding the site and registering in 5minutes, but it will deter the public, but not someone who is determined to seek out something. maybe there is NO way to hide, like i said the internet IS a public place. removing certain key words from our splash will also help... like watch, rep, etc... if we instated a $5 registration fee for the very first time it would generate $ and help keep those who aren't serious off the boards. not to mention google ads on here...i know it creates income, but does any one here click on them to buy gen pieces when our whole forum is based on NON gen? if someone did buy it google gets the stats of who, what and where...im just trying to brainstorm ideas now to keep our hobby safe... ive been on lots of underground sites for various things all found using the root keywords of what i was looking for and google. all of those sites still exist but surely the wrong people know about them...maybe it just unavoidable...

damn i ramble sorry.. :D

any one else have any ideas?

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

"This place is like the loungeroom at a friends home. All are welcome. However if some arrive at the party or gathering, and are loud and abusive, mess up the furniture and carpet, or just antagonise the rest of the guests who are there, for a friendly an informative time, they probably find themselves ejected in short time.

It is NO different here."

Of course, but thing is, i got mad because i got wrongfully accused.

And people yelling "Ban him", "Take him out" and are acting very aggressive. This before they have no clue what my posts are telling.

So this is me walking in the loungeroom were all the agressive people are, being offended.

Of course i act this way, who wouldnt? Specielly when NO ONE even tries to translate what have being said.

I had no id

Edited by mimmosa

You just don't get it...

This thread sounds a lot like some conversations I have with my 17 year old. You can only try to explain why you disapprove of a behavior in so many ways before you realize "he's never going to give in"...

One word comes to mind. "Pigheaded"

While I think he adopted the wrong attitude when he came in here, I think it is entirely understandable why it happened. Many of the things that he was being accused of doing apparently he has not done. Not one person has said, "sorry dude, maybe we exaggerated a bit/had incomplete information/misunderstood." He came into a thread where some pretty nasty things were being said, including that he should be banned without so much as hearing his side of the story.

He could have diffused the situation by being very humble and apologetic. But his response, while not the one I would have had, is not outside of the realm of normal human reaction given the circumstances.

He has apologized yet still we insist on goading him. I am at a loss to understand what this will achieve.

While I think he adopted the wrong attitude when he came in here, I think it is entirely understandable why it happened. Many of the things that he was being accused of doing apparently he has not done. Not one person has said, "sorry dude, maybe we exaggerated a bit/had incomplete information/misunderstood." He came into a thread where some pretty nasty things were being said, including that he should be banned without so much as hearing his side of the story.

He could have diffused the situation by being very humble and apologetic. But his response, while not the one I would have had, is not outside of the realm of normal human reaction given the circumstances.

He has apologized yet still we insist on goading him. I am at a loss to understand what this will achieve.

I agree with everything you have said above.