When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 187 - Do you still wear it?

Gil

I was going through my drawer of watches and came across my 187 rep. It was one of the first from Eddie Lee. Great watch at the time. However, the lack of AR is seriously disappointing now. So ... I never wear it out in "the wild." The lack of AR and date positioning scream fake.

So, my question is do any of you still wear the 187? As far as I know the reps of the 187 have not improved from the version I own. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Good question you pose Gil.

Mine gets less wear sheerly based upon the heft and energy to wear the chuck o'watch that particular day :lol: , but my crystal is part of the current Chieftang double AR run and the Lello date wheel will be swapped out next, so I suspect it will get much more wrist time after that.

My 187 came from EddieLee as well. It was my 1st high end Pam rep. I sent it out to Vac for servicing and Vac-luming (This is the last 7750 that Vac serviced, LOL). It glows like a torch and runs great and it is my favorite. I wear it on road trips and it gets more complements then any other watch I have ever owned. The lack of AR doesn't bother me at all.

Rogerwine

@bbb, what strap is that you have on the 187? looks familiar, but i can't put my finger on it....

deltatahoe

It's 2 straps in this series: a MF 1942 and a MF WWII Naturale. I aged the 1942; the WWII Naturale has been broken in, naturally :)

The 187 is also a watch that looks great in black and also the MP 9, like the one on this 127 and shown in less detail below on the 187:

Mounted_127_BBB.jpg

and I have swapped a few straps on it, including the MP XII vintage:

Straps_case_rwi.jpg

Edited by bigbadbrad