When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Douchebaggery! This guy is going to get someone for sure

llsteve80

TeeJay-

The biggest trust issue I'm having with this one is that he posted locally and said he'd only meet in person, and then the next day he's out of town for over a month. You are right though, I missed the "like" new part. But the title of the ad is "Brand new Rolex watch."

TeeJay-

The biggest trust issue I'm having with this one is that he posted locally and said he'd only meet in person, and then the next day he's out of town for over a month. You are right though, I missed the "like" new part. But the title of the ad is "Brand new Rolex watch."

I can see what you mean, but then again, if he has to go out of town on business, that has to take precedense over a sale, and I can understand someone wanting to meet in person. In a way, I'd take comfort from that, as a true scammer would want the money and mail it to you, rather than offering to meet in person, afterall, if you meet in person, you might discover the watch a rep, or change your mind, and they lose the sale... Indeed, the title of the ad could have been better, perhaps 'mint condition' or 'reconditioned' Rolex might have been more accurate... Go with whatever you feel best, but, as I mentioned before, calling their bluff, and offering to meet on the 15th certainly can't hurt :)

[Edit to add]

I forgot to ask, was the ad in a paper or online? If it was in a local paper, then chances are the ad was placed several days before the paper was printed and released, so his business plans might have changed in between that time.

I will pray for his death.

:thumbdown:

Not a cool thing to do

:thumbdown:

Edited by TeeJay

Why?

If you don't understand why praying for the death of someone is not cool, there is no point me explaining it to you. As for the rest:

The world needs more good people and less bad people.

Who are you to judge and decide who is good and who is bad?

As far as I read, it was a reasonable sale. As I said above, I'd've called the guy's bluff and arranged to buy it. If it turned out to be unsatisfactory, all it would require is walking away. No need for people to be getting all uppity over.

The guy should be shot for the poor quality of pics alone.

So poor photography, or lack of decent equipment is now a shooting offense, is it? <_<

Edited by TeeJay

Well most normal people don't pray for someone to die.

I make no such claim.

Bad people are the ones that try to take my money even though I just trying to live my life.

Most every scam I have seen has poor photo's AND a lame story to go with it.

The guy should die. End of story.

You're not claiming to be normal. Fair enough ;)

At the end of the day, if you want to pray for the death of others, go for it. I'm sure God will take it all into consideration when the time comes.

Peace be upon you.

I can see what you mean, but then again, if he has to go out of town on business, that has to take precedense over a sale, and I can understand someone wanting to meet in person. In a way, I'd take comfort from that, as a true scammer would want the money and mail it to you, rather than offering to meet in person, afterall, if you meet in person, you might discover the watch a rep, or change your mind, and they lose the sale... Indeed, the title of the ad could have been better, perhaps 'mint condition' or 'reconditioned' Rolex might have been more accurate... Go with whatever you feel best, but, as I mentioned before, calling their bluff, and offering to meet on the 15th certainly can't hurt :)

[Edit to add]

I forgot to ask, was the ad in a paper or online? If it was in a local paper, then chances are the ad was placed several days before the paper was printed and released, so his business plans might have changed in between that time.

It was on craigslist.org