When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OK, I'm going to buy a Ferarri rep

pnut

I have seen the reps available (in the gallery) from Joshua, Puretime, Real, and Ruby.

Specifically I want the NON-chrono yellow accent version, and the most reliable as possible. I have read that the non-GMT model is more reliable since it does not have a unique Chinese module attached. But I want the best quality and fit and finish as well, and am willing to pay for it. So I am wondering what you suggest?

Finally, I saw the beatiful gold plate version, does anyone have an idea how well the gold plate holds up? (shown at the last pic)

Specifically this first picture is the one I want, with the stallion dial shown lower 2nd choice. Pics borrowed from the gallery.

309FERRARIAUTO2.jpg

239783-10243.jpg

I've had this one for 6/8 months - purchased from one of the "cartel" dealers. It's been a no problem watch;

keeps accurate time (+10sec. per day). Although the strap that ships with the watch looks good in the pics,

it's actually thin and not up to the quality of the watch. I replaced it with one from TC Straps. I have been pleased with the watch.

picture8a070001rj2.jpg

Edited by Bigdoggy

NO...only if you have feelings of inadequacy.......with the mentality of a small fish in a small pond....!

BTW...I owned a Dino in the 80's.....it was a fannie magnet.....but a POS....I also owned an 850i....I know which was better.....!

Edited by TTK

Just a thought...

Isn't it weird to wear a watch like that without owning the car? Breitling for Bentley, Mr. Shelby for Anonimo, AMG for IWC etc...

They are nice watches though, but nowhere near as nice as even the entry-grade poor man's Ferrari Dino.

Doesn't bother me a bit. Does every owner of a JLC Amvox have an Aston Martin? Does every Oris F1 watch owner drive an F1? And so on.

It's good by me.

What is the lug width?

I've had this one for 6/8 months - purchased from one of the "cartel" dealers. It's been a no problem watch;

keeps accurate time (+10sec. per day). Although the strap that ships with the watch looks good in the pics,

it's actually thin and not up to the quality of the watch. I replaced it with one from TC Straps. I have been pleased with the watch.

picture8a070001rj2.jpg

By "Cartel" dealers, you mean the ones that post in the Gallery? Are they any different, or all the same, just different service and price? This will be my first rep through here, although I have others.

By "Cartel" dealers, you mean the ones that post in the Gallery? Are they any different, or all the same, just different service and price? This will be my first rep through here, although I have others.

Joshua (PerfectClones)/Andrew(Puretime) and the like!

I have the rose gold color Ferrari chrono and I read on one of the forums that the finish is PVD rather than gold plating. As such I believe it will wear well. So far so good for me. I own a Chrysler 300 and a PT Cruiser. No Ferrari for me and no wierd feelings wearing the Ferrari rep.

Specifically this first picture is the one I want, with the stallion dial shown lower 2nd choice. Pics borrowed from the gallery.
Well..given that you'reusing my photo.....why aren't you talking to me about them....I have ALL of them.....both as part of my personal collection.....and for sale......:D Edited by TTK

I have the rose gold color Ferrari chrono and I read on one of the forums that the finish is PVD rather than gold plating. As such I believe it will wear well. So far so good for me. I own a Chrysler 300 and a PT Cruiser. No Ferrari for me and no wierd feelings wearing the Ferrari rep.

How long have you owned it, and how much do you wear it? Still trying to get a judge on how well the gold will "wear".

Well..given that you'reusing my photo.....why aren't you talking to me about them....I have ALL of them.....both as part of my personal collection.....and for sale......:D

I'll contact you, thanks!. In your gallery I only saw 2 listings. The pic (nice!) came from a post I found from a search.

Thanks!

Edited by pnut

How long have you owned it, and how much do you wear it? Still trying to get a judge on how well the gold will "wear".

Purchased as soon as it came out ... so several months ... finish looks as new ... I have a lot of watches and wear this one a couple of times a week. It is on a genuine alligator strap from the watchboys. The brown strp fools the eye into picking the dial up as brown and on a black strap the dial is picked up as black. The rep strap faux alligator is OK but nothing compares to genuine alligator.

DSCN0062_edited.jpg