When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting stories of COMEX dive watches

southcoast68

Hi all

I just came across this on doubleredseadweller.com and its pretty interesting. Many here may frequent DRSD.com, but for those who have not, I include this link (replace xx with tt) hxxp://www.doubleredseadweller.com/comexletters.htm

There are also some real nice photos of various dive professionals using thier watches as the tools they were made for. DRSD.com is a great resource for any Rolex-head - check it out!

Cheers

Nice find! My buddy dove with those characters in the North Sea and he says he spent the best years of his youth trapped in a decompression chamber with a bunch of stinky scoundrels.

He too has been "past the dial" with pressure on several watches, and then had one flood at 80' on a pleasure dive.

I guess this is why we check our seals every year? ;)

I just came across this on doubleredseadweller.com and its pretty interesting. Many here may frequent DRSD.com, but for those who have not, I include this link (replace xx with tt) hxxp://www.doubleredseadweller.com/comexletters.htm

Nice one, Southcoast!

"his is not unusual as you already know I have seen at least 30-40 of these models (without COMEX on the dial) over time..."

So I guess my neighbour, who was a professional diver in his youth, and who told me his was a real COMEX Rolex was right. :p

Any (ex-)professional divers on RWG?

Nice one, Southcoast!

"his is not unusual as you already know I have seen at least 30-40 of these models (without COMEX on the dial) over time..."

So I guess my neighbour, who was a professional diver in his youth, and who told me his was a real COMEX Rolex was right. :p

Any (ex-)professional divers on RWG?

Well I've been paid to do it, and I've got 1,000 hours so I guess I qualify... :tu:

I got a kick out of one letter that said many divers never worn thier watches on a dive, and thus refered to them as "cabin dwellers" :p

About 8 years ago, I saw a COMEX 'dweller at an NAWCC show here in Florida. The asking price was about $6,000 if I remember. I would have bought it if I could have afforded it not even realizing its history and I could make it a part of my retirement fund. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with my COMEX rep instead.