When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So what do I do with these left over Sub parts?

predfan2001

Build a beater of course. I hope this doesn't seem off topic but I have quite a few left over "sub-par" Submariner rep parts. So I desided to build a beater. A 2836-2 movement, a junky case (no need to mod the cgs), a NOS Zodiac red dot dial, a decrowned crown, a NATO and misc other parts. The big surprise is that the lume is excellent.

S6300985.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

Build a beater of course. I hope this doesn't seem off topic but I have quite a few left over "sub-par" Submariner rep parts. So I desided to build a beater. A 2836-2 movement, a junky case (no need to mod the cgs), a NOS Zodiac red dot dial, a decrowned crown, a NATO and misc other parts. The big surprise is that the lume is excellent.

S6300985.jpg

Hell,

That's a great looking beater.......look at you all Mr. watchsmith.......Nice!

I ended up changing it up a bit. This is one of those $%&! cases that have the lugholes drilled way too far in like the Silix no cg Subs. They usually arrive with springbars that have been bent terribly to get the band on and they are nearly impossible to get a band back on. I ended up having to grind about 1/8" off of the end of the endlink with a Dremel to get it in far enough to get the band on without bending the springbars. I threw on an old bezel off of a Silix Sub I parted out for a vintage look.

S6301006.jpg

My guess it has no real purpose other than name designation. They call this model "Red Point" or "Red Dot". I've always liked the old Sea Wolfs and I found this NOS dial on the Bay and got it for around $10.00. I think these were quartz but the date and pins aligned up perfect on the ETA.