When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingenieur or Ingenieur AMG

Zypher

I don't know how accurate the AMG series are, but i thought they where even closer than the steel Ingenieur. Maybe it's good to go to a local AD and see which one you prefer on the wrist. Titanium is very light and i don't know if you like that light (or heavy of the steel) feeling on the wrist...

One thing... be very carefull with the chronographs, both AMG titanium and steel.

Definately go for non AMG. In saying that though, send it off to k222 for the double AR and get a lello dw. Those are a must. After that, it looks very close to gen. The only give aways are the hands are shorter than the gen (no-one will pick that up on the wrist) and the 'CO' engraved on the back should be 'Co'. Apart from that, no-one will ever know.

get the new normal Ingy, best coating I have seen on a rep. No mods neccessary, the only thing is that the hands are not long enough, but that is a know fact.

The watch is amazing. After adjusting it, it gains 1 sec / week

Ing04.jpg

Ing07.jpg

Edited by SFSO

SS non-chrono, Lello datewheel & AR.

I have worn the gen SS watch and the rep is so close that you won't notice the difference. I have a friend who has the AMG chrono and my rep truly feels better due to the superb finish, the simple classic dial and the extra heft. A modded SS rep is probably the best replica available, bar none.

If the rep can be fitted with a 2892 movement that's the way I'm going as I have a new ETA 2892 decorated movement and I think that this is the only worthy home for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone knows if the new one AMG titanium, sales by joshua, takes really double AR in the crystal??

Fodder that if it has the same dimensions that the ingy not to be problems in to put the same crystal in both models, ingy and AMG.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by condena

I stuck with the standard Inge based on concern with the chrono movement. IMHO, if you want a chrono :) go with the slevin or CD. If you are going with the ti AMG chrono than be prepared to spend some time with a cape cod as the finish is a touch too granular and dark versus the gen. I don't know if the cloth actually did anything to the surface but it does remove the oxidation which builds up on ti. It worked wonders on a Chrono Avenger. :)

• 1 month later...

Well I have both versions of the non-chronos and I have never worn the SS (still in it's box with plastic wrapping etc) but wear the titanium AMG version a lot.... constantly the past few weeks... that is the one that will always go on if I can't decide. I love the red accents on the dial :)

Of course, some may remember I prefer titanium anyway, and not just for dermatological reasons.