When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few pics of my very first vintage Franken project

stilty

Wow! you know a LOT!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us..

btw, I know for instance that there is a mbw 1016 explorer..

I have seen it in dark site forum. It is very nice. I wonder if that mbw explorer fits genuine parts.

The mbw 1016 has been very low regarded..

So if you get the mbw 1016 no need to perform all this mods...Dont you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic! A really special watch and completely stunning. Another example of why I have said in the past that some reps are almost preferable to the genuine piece. I know that sounds crazy but I can't help thinking that a labour of love like this has more value to the (rightly) proud owner than merely walking into a shop, handing over lots of $$$ and walking away with another toy. I have seen many gen 1016's - that's no big deal but I have never seen as good a rep as this and in my book that IS a big deal.

Well done, superb work.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Absolutely fantastic! A really special watch and completely stunning. Another example of why I have said in the past that some reps are almost preferable to the genuine piece. I know that sounds crazy but I can't help thinking that a labour of love like this has more value to the (rightly) proud owner than merely walking into a shop, handing over lots of $$$ and walking away with another toy. I have seen many gen 1016's - that's no big deal but I have never seen as good a rep as this and in my book that IS a big deal.

Well done, superb work.

I was thinking exactly the same thing :)

Do you or anyone here know where I could get those spring bars for my perpetual date?

The springbars pictured in this post are actually Sub springbars as that was all I had at the time. They have later been swapped out with the proper length 2mm springbars that are slightly recessed in the lug holes.

If you have a OP Date, the springbars are only 1.80mm. If you want to use the bigger springbars, you would have to drill out the lug holes.

Plexiglas hides fingerprints better, too.

So very true!

I find myself almost insane these days with dust, smudges etc. on my sapphire crystals; couple that with the reflections cast from the gloss black dials that seem to add to the 'dirty' crystal effect and it all just seems like a lost cause.

However, when I slip on an acrylic crystal, matte dialed oldie, those frustrations just all seem to fade away....

• Like 1