When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New MBW from TTK

perry563

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i am gonna give up with taking the photos... they just aren't turning up well. Good to see the watch has bezel assembly same as gen though, would be a good base watch for mods... i personally dont like the watch though, might post it for sale mid feb after my holidays, unless it grows on me during that time.

Hey Neil....do you use any photo editing software like adobe photoshop to enhance your photos?...kinda looks like you adjusted the saturation or brightness....contrast....tone curve maybe....just wondering....

MBWROLEXSUB20085.jpg

Heres a couple that I touched up the other day....your noobmariner by the way....

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00226.JPG

Edited by Nightstroker

How does the rehaut engraving look in real life? It look pretty "rough" in the pics.

looks way better on the genuine for sure...

EDIT: rep seems to have bigger letters than the real one...Writing and rehaut finish looks "rough" too...

Genuine below:

new1we2tn6.jpg

new2cz5ba5.jpg

Edited by spa

Yeah... engraving is a bit too big on the rehaut. Probably only improvement on the watch is the gen bezel assembly! Maybe the factory should just not engrave it.

Gen bezel and insert, gen crystal, gen crown/tube, gen bracelet - brush off the engraving on the rehaut - gen or noob dial? perfect sub?

Here are some larger pics:

img75951nt3.jpg

img75961hq5.jpg

Pic of the divers extension - it does not work... is there a way to get it working?

img75941iz3.jpg

I would rather not have the engraving until they can make it look cleaner and use smaller text... it is so weird how on some models, they can make the engraving so nice, and on others (like this) it looks rather crappy and last minute... when you see the genuine chapter ring in person, it definitely does NOT pop out at you like this one does... the RLX text is huge on this!!!

However, the bezel assembly is a plus!!! Assuming that there is no need for modifying the bezel ring... But, you would think after years and years and years of these models that use the pearl at 12... that they would have tweaked the manufacturing of it to look like gen so you wouldn't have to buy a new insert!!! it always sucks buying a $400 dollar watch just to have to put and additional $100 into it just make it look presentable...

Also, once again, the SEL's just don't work! to high on the case as always... they look loose and rounded off on the top and sides... typical MBW though...

Another weird thing is how they can manufacture sharp edges on some things, but not others... anyone who has handles a gen piece knows the differences between rep and gen bracelets... and some can see/feel it right away... and the top of the SEL's being rounded off clearly scream rep...

any why cant they get the damn holes correct in the case?!?! lately, there have been too many models the have SEL's popping over the lugs!!! I just don't get it!!!

not really impressed yet, and thats just my thoughts... you wont see me wearing this version... which i hope is VERSION 1 and that they plan on improving on this...

PP

Edited by poopypants

I Think the bezel construction is a step in the right direction,but the engraved Rehaut [censored] me off.

The maufacture need to bring up a modell with out the engravings...

Lokks much better in my opinion....

Also the bracelet is wrong for a 2008 Submariner...

Man I hate those things.......

I think the WM9 Sub comes from the same factory without the F*@'$g Engraving on the Rehaut...

I hope the one Neil sends me has better bracelet fit. The end lugs look too big to a point where they stick out a bit from the end lugs. Typical MBW are good in this area. (at least the one I have) Also the insert looks like its ready to pop off its floating far above the bezel lip for sure. Also I cannot believe the ROLEX engraving will look that bad in person. The MBW factories typically produce a rep with very good fit and finish. I was told the watch will ship out tomorrow so I will keep everyone posted once I get the watch in my hands. I have never posted pictures before but maybe I will give it a try this time. It appears I will be among the first to own this watch for better or worse!

I wish some of you so called 'experts'would pipe down......you're all pontificating about HUGE engraving etc etc....and ROUGH......I have the watch in my hands and believe me....the average eye can't detect ROUGHNESS on the engraving....you're all making ASSESMENTS and OBSERVATIONS based on photos which are HUGELY magnified.....I've had thousands of Subs thru' my hands....and I'm no expert...but I know QUALITY when I see it....and the engraving on the rehaut is NOT poor quality....it may be slightly larger than genuine.....but not enough that ANYONE outside of the so called EXPERTS on these boards would know.....!

ANYTHING that you magnify way beyond the range of normal human vision will always show defects...anomalies or whatever.....sitting on your wrist....it won't.....not unless your name is Clark Kent.....B)

Thats exactly why i asked if it looked that way in 'real life' or if it was just the pics. Magnified pics always show details and flaws that the naked eye cannot. I'm sure we will all grow to accept the engraving as time goes on. Just the same way as everytime a new body style BMW comes out, i HATE it... but then it grows on me :) haha

dizz

Well i will take TTKs words as true about the "overall" quality of this new 2008 submariner, but i would feel totally stupid if i wouldn't pinpoint that the pictures of the genuine i posted are maginified/macro pics as well as those of the rep.

Nevertheless the finish of the gen rehaut looks totally better than the rep (even in magnified pics) . And the letters on the rep cover the whole rehaut height. Not only that but are printed sparsely compared to the genuine -or- they look like sparsely printed because of the bigger font.

And of course, as i usually admit, you CAN'T have a genuine at the price of the replica.

But my *comments were merely a comparison of this new rep with the genuine piece. Were not criticism of TTKs *collection. TTK doesn't manufacture those watches after all ! He is a *collector.

And finally, i do not need to be a rocket scientist or a SO called expert to keep my eyes wide open while i examine a watch .

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Edited for typos.

Edited by spa